Autoride....again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I found a GREAT link explaining autoride diagnostice that should possibly be stickied:
http://www.underhoodservice.com/Article/122506/servicing_gm_autoride_rear_air_suspension.aspx

My system is acting weird (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't). I believe I need to reprogram the Trimset as described in the link. Problem is, I don't own a Tech 2 Scan tool, and the damn dealer wants $100 and I have to make an appointment, etc..... Is there any way to do a full system reset by disconnecting the battery?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link is indeed awesome, never seen that info before! I did message you back, is that compressor a brand new one from Arnott or is it your original?

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link is indeed awesome, never seen that info before! I did message you back, is that compressor a brand new one from Arnott or is it your original?

It's the second one from Arnott. Already had one warrantied, but I'm thinking that the problem isn't the compressor......I kicked it on by jumping the relay.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
Found a mechanic nice enough to scan my system and see if he can re calibrate it. He pulled code C0660 (exhaust solenoid). Now, this is the same code the last mechanic found and the reason Arnott warrantied my compressor. Mind you, this mechanic could not clear the code with his professional scan tool. Because he couldn't clear the code, he could do the calibration. He said I have to go to the dealer. So I'm thinking that the compressor is good,and nobody was ever able to clear the code from the BCM. I disconnected my battery for a half hour, touched the + and - together in an attempt to reset the BCM, but still not working. Also, I finally got a "service ride control" message after the mechanic was trying to reset the code....first time I ever saw it, it flashed and disappeared after 10 seconds.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great link/PDF should the mods feel like making a sticky for autoride problems:

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/mcvgreg/2009-02-13_022419_2003-GMC-Yukon-XL-C0660-Chart.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

So after checking the wires, I decided I'm going to order a Dorman compressor. I'm going to see if Arnott will refund me, otherwise I will have to get the warranty replacement and sell it. After reading many posts on the internet, it seems Arnott is notorious for bad compressors that cannot resist the elements, probably why they are so quick to offer warranty replacements without any hassle at all. My stock compressor lasted 13 years and was still going strong when I removed it, despite running nonstop for months. Arnotts compressor cannot last more than 2 months at a time in NY weather. Their excuse is that the placement of the compressor is in a poor spot.....maybe so, but like I said, the stocker lasted 13 years and was still going strong.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have the original and it still works, why not install it? Doing so would confirm that the Arnott one is shot if the original works!

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have the original and it still works, why not install it? Doing so would confirm that the Arnott one is shot if the original works!

Bc I'm an idiot. I told the mechanic to dispose of it

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:
Found a mechanic nice enough to scan my system and see if he can re calibrate it. He pulled code C0660 (exhaust solenoid).

Also, I finally got a "service ride control" message after the mechanic was trying to reset the code....first time I ever saw it, it flashed and disappeared after 10 seconds.

Had the same code pulled when my 1st replacement pump from Arnott died just after a year. They sent me a replacement one at a discounted price since it was over a year old. The 'service ride control' message came on each time at startup with mine though. After putting in the replacement-message disappeared-and all has been fine. Must be something with their pumps and faulty exhaust valve solenoids.....

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, received my Dorman compressor. It is a beautiful plug and play system. I put it in myself. Unfortunately, I cannot get the system to work. I jumped the relay and had to move my jumper around on the contacts because it seemed to not conduct in some areas. I kicked the pump on though and filled my air bags.
At this point Im going to:
-Change the relay
-Have mechanic clear the C0660 code (exhaust valve), but the new compressor should have worked despite this being in the history, unless the wire harness is messed up, causing a short or open loop. I'll know tomorrow if the code won't clear.
-Trimset calibration (mechanic has to do this w a pro scan tool)
-Pressure test the system
-Pull my hair out?

Keep in mind, I have never had a "Service Ride Control" message.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: C0660 won't clear. Either the new Dorman compressor is bad as well as the last arnott or the Dorman and Arnott are fine and I have a problem somewhere else.
I wanted to change the relay but it's impossible to find. I can only find a 5 pin relay which is probably used on later models.
I might have to go to the dealer and empty my pockets....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11