Automatic Climate Controls Runs Wild. Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a write up on it? It seems to be a pretty common issue with these trucks. I looked under the drivers side dash, and that looks like a bunch of no fun. You say it's on the passenger side under the glove box?

Hmmm, odd. I thought the driver's side actuator was for the mode selection (i.e. upper vents, foot vents, both, defrost, etc.) while the passenger side actuator is temp blend. There is also a re-circ/fresh actuator under dash by windshield. This one is the real pain.

Your original post said you had the hot/cold issue, I would expect that to be the passenger side/under glove box actuator.

Last edited:

FreeIndeed

Reaction score
So where exactly was the actuator that you replaced? I read that the "drivers side" one is behind the radio somewhere...
My 05 Denali has the same thing.

OP
OP
W

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where exactly was the actuator that you replaced? I read that the "drivers side" one is behind the radio somewhere...
My 05 Denali has the same thing.

I ended up replacing the Driver's side actuator, which is easiest to access from the passenger floorboard. It was very straight forward, not a complex job at all. The hardest part is that third nut holding the kick panel in (I didn't replace it). Basically three nuts holding the kick panel in, two bolts holding the actuator in place, and a wiring plug. Take the old actuator to the parts store so you get an exact match. The parts guy has to have the number off the old actuator to ensure you get the correct replacement. All told, it took me about 3 hours, and that included cussing at the third bolt and playing fetch with the dog.

Last edited: