Auto-Up Window Rebound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trmccoy34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just started experiencing this problem on our 2015 Tahoe LTZ about a month ago. Whenever I try to use the auto-up window option on my driver side window, the window automatically rebounds and goes all the way back down. The only way I can get it to stay up is if I hold the button up after it hits the top of the door.

There’s nothing in the track, and I’ve disconnected the battery for an hour to see if that would fix it, but no luck.

Anyone else had this problem? I’d like to be able to fix it without having to take it in to the dealership.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was from a Google search,exact same problem:Talked with a close friend of mine, do this as I mentioned earlier:

1) Take a 10mm socket and remove the negative cable from the battery.
2) Take your favorite cold drink and open it, and enjoy. This is also a good time to have a smoke if your the smoking kind. Wait about 10 minutes. Pace yourself accordingly!
3) Re attached the negative cable to the battery and tighten it down (the tightening part is important, your results may vary otherwise!)
4) Turn your key to the "ON" position but don't start the motor
5) observe the message in the information center between your clustergauges, it will instruct you to roll the window down then roll the window the whole way back up.

IF that doesn't work, he said there is a different re-learn process that's handled through GDS 2 (the GM software) that will resolve your issue. Dealer shouldn't charge you for it as it's under warranty. Hope this helps!m a google search with the exact same problem:

yukonchief

Reaction score
Anybody else have this issue like the OP? If so how did you get it corrected? My passenger side window is doing this exact same
Thing but I’m using the driver side controls to roll it on auto???? Thoughts???

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, my front passenger side does it but, only when wife tries it.

So...
I'm not sure if it's her (sorry, dear) or the window.

Reaction score
Anyone have an easy fix for this? Our driver's side just started doing this over the weekend. It's less than 6-months old, so still under warranty, but would rather fix at home.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you programmed the power windows? It's a real thing in the owners manual
1. Close all the doors
2. Turn the ignition on or to ACC/ACCESSORY
3. Partially open the window to be programmed. Then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed
4. Open the window and continue to press the switch briefly after the window has fully opened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec