At wits end with noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAK00NBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys long time lurker first time posting. So ill get right to it. I have installed a lowering kit on my 2000 nbs suburban. Djm front lca and uca . Moog idler and bracket . Moog pitman arm . Moog inner tie rods . Outer heim joints by ekstensive metal works here in houston. Rear is lowered using djm springs , relocating brackets , offset stabilizer links , spohn adjustable panhard, adjustable lca and uca . Its sitting on stock 16s and stock tire size . My question or issue is that when turning left or right im getting a popping / creaking noise when one wheel travels upwards (undulating roads) the steering is nice and tight and i cannot find any play in anything as far as steering or mounting points. I have spent upwards of 2k getting everything and installing it here at home. I am a mechanic and have been wrenching for 10 years now. I am just out of ideas. I cannot seem to replicate the noise while sitting still and was wondering if anyone has had or has this issue or maybe throw some ideas my way. The only thing i have noticed is that with one wheel up i can see daylight between sway bar and d bushing. So i have new sway bushings and new end links on their way and will be installed tonight. (4 inch tube instead of 7.5 to bring sway bar down away from uca mount) i am at work so i am sorry for any grammar or punctuation issues lol and i will be able to reply or post pics (if needed) later on tonight. Thanks in advance and hopefully my mood about this drop will change cause as of right now i have a lot of time and money into a truck with all new parts that sounds like a janky pos.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think sway bar bushings. I am not mechanic, but I have turned a wrench or two. I have had this happen to me. My control arm bushings were squeaky also, but since you have replaced them all, surely that is not the culprit.

Oh, welcome by the way!

OP
OP
JAK00NBS

JAK00NBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See and as soon as the new ones get installed ill know for sure. I could see a creaking but the popping is whats really bugging me. I understand that polyurethane bushings are more likely to creak than rubber and i can deal with that but sounds like something is binding or making contact. Also thanks for the welcome !! I have owned this truck for about 6 years and just now getting to where i can modify stuff but, man is this getting me down. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094