Armor All for Dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used nothing but a damp rag on my Avalanche dash for almost 7 years - usually the same rag I dried the exterior with after an automatic car wash. Granted it was the old plastic dash, but I never got a single crack as most did, and it looked new up until I traded it a couple weeks ago. I believe "protectants" are the reason people got cracks as the chemicals leached out as they baked in the sun...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used nothing but a damp rag on my Avalanche dash for almost 7 years - usually the same rag I dried the exterior with after an automatic car wash. Granted it was the old plastic dash, but I never got a single crack as most did, and it looked new up until I traded it a couple weeks ago. I believe "protectants" are the reason people got cracks as the chemicals leached out as they baked in the sun...
Basically what i do, the dampness of the rag keeps a little moisture in the plastic so it doesn’t get brittle and crack. my 13 is still going strong and i just recently removed the extension piece by the dash to put the gps antenna in without issue.

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I have shelves of car detailing products and find myself using Maguiars interior detailer for things the dash and their leather detailer for the seats. Great products that do their job well and don't cost a ton.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You use a rag to dry your car after an automatic car wash.

Do NOT join a car detailing forum lol!!!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically what i do, the dampness of the rag keeps a little moisture in the plastic so it doesn’t get brittle and crack. my 13 is still going strong and i just recently removed the extension piece by the dash to put the gps antenna in without issue.

The dampness from a rag probably lasts less than 90 seconds in the dash material. Not saying it’s a bad thing but there’s zero chance that’s what’s kept it from cracking.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have shelves of car detailing products and find myself using Maguiars interior detailer for things the dash and their leather detailer for the seats. Great products that do their job well and don't cost a ton.

I like McGuire’s interior. Griots interior detailer is also very good. Both have a little cleaning ability with a matte finish and won’t leave streaks on plastic/glass.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dampness from a rag probably lasts less than 90 seconds in the dash material. Not saying it’s a bad thing but there’s zero chance that’s what’s kept it from cracking.
Only used damp rag to clean it from sneezes and what not - manual says not to use protectants; I didn't and it worked...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You use a rag to dry your car after an automatic car wash.

Do NOT join a car detailing forum lol!!!
Lol, no doubt! Did I mention it was a brushed auto wash? Must go 2-3 times a month. No rust under, and she shined like a new penny. You only need to worry with dark colors, but no matter what you do you still get swirls. The tech wax lasts about 6 months, but I went a year one time...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission