Arizona Vacation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just returned from Arizona last Sunday after spending the month in Scottsdale. I drove roughly 2200 miles each way, plus driving to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. My Tahoe was flawless, I cruised at 80 mph most of the trip.
Had an oil change at Earnhardt Cadilac before heading home.
The only mishaps were a stone chip in the windshield and a bird flying into the grille coming back from the Grand Canyon
IMG_0874.JPGDSC_0280.JPGDSC_0281.JPG

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of rock chips on windshields happen here!
Sounds like you had a nice road trip out here to see the big hole in the ground. Really scenic drive from Arizona back up to that part of Canada I'm sure. I've driven from Scottsdale to Denver and back before and it was very pretty. And countless trips from Scottsdale to Montana and Idaho. Lots of beautiful parts of the United States that I've seen with this vehicle.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig there OP, dig the black wheels!
I had a bird strike the windshield of my cabover GMC Astro. Big ol owl, broke the passenger side glass, thought he was coming in! Got a bat one time too, with a cabover Kenworth...

OP
OP
B

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice looking rig there OP, dig the black wheels!
I had a bird strike the windshield of my cabover GMC Astro. Big ol owl, broke the passenger side glass, thought he was coming in! Got a bat one time too, with a cabover Kenworth...
Those are my 17 inch steel winter wheels that were from my 06 Tahoe. I have the factory 22's that I swap out in the summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brian71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I love these Tahoe's. I have my 2005 and a year ago July, in a 16 day period, I traveled more than 5500 miles with not one problem. From the PNW, to KC, Mo. area, down to DFW area, back to KC, Mo. area and then back to PNW.
I had an 06 Z71 that we took on many trips. I bought it in NC in 2010. It was a great vehicle. It let me down only once. The fuel pump died in Boston just before heading home

IMG_0115.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts