Are These Buttons Supposed To Be Backlit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, I have an 05. I guess I have to split the case on the switch, because it is a sealed switch.

AudibleCreations

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes and no. On a 00-02 the traction control button is on the driver's side above the headlight switch. The actual button does not light up, but the words "Traction Assist" do light up. Here is a picture of one that I have done with blue LEDs. On a 03-06 the traction control button is a smaller button to the right of the radio and AC controls, there are no actual words on that one, just a symbol. And yes the button itself lights up on the 03-06 models.

View attachment 188269
Looks great!

Last edited:

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the two sizes in blue that you need. They have resistors built in already, so they are ready to solder in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0VW67E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP4AFCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who knew they made LEDs with built in resistors.. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong. Any chance you know of some with flat heads with the same specs? I want to make sure I get the right ones with the resistors. Also, the flat head ones I've used have had perfect light output.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knew they made LEDs with built in resistors.. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong. Any chance you know of some with flat heads with the same specs? I want to make sure I get the right ones with the resistors. Also, the flat head ones I've used have had perfect light output.

I guess I could just grind the ends down flat... Right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans