Are All Steering Wheels Misaligned (Not Centered)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 93 grand Cherokee like that and it drove me bananas. Can't say I've picked up on it in my OBS or NBS.

Look closely, then let me know what you think! My other cars are all spot on dead center.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Denali is centered. How far off center are they? It can't be too much or it would effect the drivers relationship with the airbag.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center of seat(stitch in mid of seat) is slightly to left of chevy insignia.... doesn't bother me at all
image.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, just throwing it out there...

What if they designed it like this for easier getting in/out of the vehicle?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Denali is centered. How far off center are they? It can't be too much or it would effect the drivers relationship with the airbag.

My steering column is centered but its angle is askew. I don't notice it unless I'm looking at the steering wheel relative to the hood over the instrument cluster. The wheel is not aligned with that hood.

I'll get a pic and post it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Look closely, then let me know what you think! My other cars are all spot on dead center.

It appears to be just a hair off to the right. I think i never noticed because I usually drive with the bottom spoke and my arm on the armrest...

20170905_171339.jpg

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Could you please take a picture of yours too? Maybe the Denali is different.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one NBS, two NNBS, and a K2. Never noticed in any of them, have to see when i head home tonight.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NNBS cluster hood is curved and not straight like in the NBS. The hood curve is very similar in arc and size to the shape of the steering wheel, so they appear to be concentric circles---which makes any misalignment very noticeable when you focus on it.

Actually, in my case, the steering wheel seems pretty straight but the hood seems oriented slightly to the right. I don't notice it all the time, only when my OCD kicks in.

The pic I took this AM in my garage is too dark to see what I'm talking about. Will try again outdoors tomorrow when the sun is out again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9