Are All Steering Wheels Misaligned (Not Centered)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been test driving several 2017 Yukon XL's and Suburbans and recently noticed that the steering wheels are all off center in relation to the driver's seat. The steering wheels are all to the right of center. My friend who has a Yukon XL Denali says they are all like that and he just tries not to think about it too much. But I'm not sure if this would drive me crazy or not (no pun intended)!?

I searched the forum but couldn't find another thread that focused on this issue (or non-issue if it doesn't bother anyone else but me). Can anyone weigh in? Is it true that all of these trucks are like this? If so, is it true that it does not bother anyone?

Thanks!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this because the steering wheel in my 2008 Tahoe is off-center, too.

Can it really be that they're all this way for years? If so, it must be by design----but why?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2002 is worse.

Feels way off in the nbs.

They are all like this.

You should be looking out the windshield and not your crotch in relation to the center if the steering wheel. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2002 is worse.

Feels way off in the nbs.

They are all like this.

You should be looking out the windshield and not your crotch in relation to the center if the steering wheel. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ha, I am looking out the windshield, but the tip of the steering wheel is right there in front of me and it's off-center. I've owned BMW's, Fords, Toyota's and Nissan, and none of them have ever had a steering wheel that's off-center like this. I just thought it was weird.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this because the steering wheel in my 2008 Tahoe is off-center, too.

Can it really be that they're all this way for years? If so, it must be by design----but why?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, unfortunately.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard about this with other makes. Can't remember what they were though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I had a 93 grand Cherokee like that and it drove me bananas. Can't say I've picked up on it in my OBS or NBS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts