Appocs 07 Hoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Not a fan of steps but I can dog it. Flows well with Wheels

I have never been a fan of running boards or nurf bars my self. I was always into the actually steps on the bars. Kind of like this but w/o the second row bar. Ever since I drove my old Excursion with running boards and then I bought this, they have grown on me. Plus you can't beat $150 for some good running boards.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Getting an iPad soon and also start getting parts to look at starting my build for the new iPad integration for the dash. Wont really tear into this until a few month from now but I was doing some searches and found this gem from a few years ago that this guy did on an 07 Tahoe pretty legit.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/559095-2007-tahoe-build.html

Gave me some idea of what I will be looking at going with the bigger iPad. Looks like I will have to shift my A/C controls and 12 volt outlet/track control panel somewhere else. I think for mine I would rather have the A/C controls still on dash so I will most likely look at moving the 12 volt panel somewhere else. Didn't like what he did with the head unit either. I would like to have it either inside the console or behind the iPad.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Had some goodies come in the mail and bought lately. Mainly repair and maintenance wise but its always a good day when truck parts or tools come in. Got the O2 sensor to clear the check engine light, brake switch to fix my issue with brake lights staying on constantly, steering wheel clock spring to get that pesky air bag light off my dash, and TMPS reset tool to finally clear that light as well. Just ordered MOOG hub assembly to fix that growling under my feet soon and hopefully clear the "service stability track control" light that pops on from time to time. Gotta find some more time to get these installed now so I can clear all the lights off my dash before I ship this truck back to Texas. Been putting this off for a few months now and those lights have been bugging the shit out of me every time I start my truck.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Got the hub assembly installed and steering clock spring as well the other day. I ended up painting the steering wheel pieces as well since they were peeling and looks like crap. Not the best paint job but looks way better than what it did. I am wanting to paint and/or replace the steering wheel all together to add steering controls in the future so for now it will work. Ill try and get some pics of that soon.

Clock spring took a couple hours since I had wait for the paint to dry but other than that it went quick and smooth. As for the hub assembly, that was basically a pain in the ass right at the point of getting the hub nut off. 30 minutes into the job I come to a standstill and can not break that the nut off. When I replaced CVS and added my front sus lift I must have tightened it a lil too much. Even at that I think the ft lbs is like 150 but still I was crankin go on it pretty good. First tried my 1 ft breaker bar, no good. Then some extra length adding another 1-2 ft length wrench and still no good. At that point I had leverage going up to the wheel well. Messing around with other stuff and then my neighbor popped up and tried some goes at it and had no luck. Then I had to get the kids from day care and run into town to buy a cordless impact gun that was putting out 320 ft lbs. Got back charged up a bit and hit it with that, still no good. After that my neighbor brought out a beer and was looking at it and said hold up let me try this. So once again I got into the truck and applied brake pedal and he brought out his handle off his 3 ton jack and used that as a cheater bar about 3+ feet or so. Watching him crank on it was I was like damn its not going anywhere I'm going to have to put back together and wait 2 more days till the shop open, if my wheel didn't fall off before that. But then he broke it off and I was like **** yea, home free. Replaced hub assembly and bolted everything back up in about 30 min.

Doing this on a day that was raining a little on and off was ****** and under a tarp that I had taped off to the truck and then to a couple things I had standing up behind me was what I had to deal with. I only did this on this day bc each day that hub was getting louder and louder and I could feel it more and more on the floor board. I really felt like that wheel was about to break off.

Anyways riding good now just got one more thing left to do which is that 02 sensor then clear the codes for the dash lights and Im home free for shipping it back to Texas in a couple weeks. Got out today and went up pillar mountain on the first good sunny day we had in a while and snapped some pics.

4F60C08C-1840-42CF-885A-7043C7BEA053.jpg 813F4F79-03A9-47BE-A18C-37C0E272C2FA.jpg
764991FC-C5B4-4DE2-9B3F-323776518128.jpg

This will be final stance for while until I get back to Texas. I most likely will not be messing with the suspension other than repairs and maintenance. May add some helper bags for the rear when I tow but other that than I'm pretty much done with the stance of the truck. I'm happy with it and its perfect height for a daily driver of the wife. Next up will be the tow mirrors. I'm going to try and get those painted before I install but until then this is where I leave it.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Been busy. Didn't see any notifications.
Nice you got some sun. We haven't had that in weeks.
Bet you're excited to get back to civilization

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
BTW that roof top carrier is one of the bigger ones you can get. Its a 1800XL luggage carrier and is pretty legit if anyone is ever interested in getting them. Fit right onto my factory rails. I adjusted the feet for the carrier all the way back and the cross bars sit, front all the way forward and the rear is spaced equal to where the rear feet sit on the carrier (if that makes any sense). I will try and get more pics of install when I use it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic