Anything to be gained by just replacing muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure which directory is for exhaust but thought I would start here.
If it needs to be moved, my mistake.

Anyway- my truck is leased so I really hate to dump 1k into a Corsa catback although I know I would more than likely be pleased with the results.
Can a muffler replacement be made, and would one receive worthwhile results?

I am just looking for more of a 6.2l V8 sound and less engine noise. I'm extremely leery of bolting a Flowmaster or Magnaflow onto the truck knowing how bad they sounded on my Pontiac with AFM.
It sounded like a dying cow in 4 cylinder mode and droned badly at certain rpm levels.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I want to do the same thing! I want the sound of my 2008 Escalade that I just traded in for my new 2016 Suburban. You can barely hear it running and I want that 6.2 sound that my Escalade had. Nothing obnoxious or really loud just a little rumble or some throat to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you're really going to get is sound from an exhaust without accompanying mods. On a lease, I would see if there's a bolt on kit available so you can return it to stock

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you're really going to get is sound from an exhaust without accompanying mods. On a lease, I would see if there's a bolt on kit available so you can return it to stock
Really all I'm looking for is sound.
To be honest, I'm actually pretty impressed with the 6.2 sans the AFM that is.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard that Corsa CB is hard to beat... but i understand the situation..

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could go with a carven exhaust, they type r. I have one on my 5.3 and she sounds awesome, in my opinion just as good as a corsa.

If my truck was a lease, I'd have a muffler shop cut off stock but put flanges on it and the carven muffler. This way you could swap the stock back in when needed.

The price of carven is $100 last I checked plus say a few hundred for the flange work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak