Anyone uses PIAA wipers on 2021+? What model # of PIAA fit 21+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a pair of wiper for my 23, OEM ones last 6 months in NC heat, claybarred the windshield, cleaned the wipers and 308ed them, no success. Keep seeing PIAA silicon is magic. Willing to try now that Autozone sells them but not clear what part fits as AZ part finder does not find my 23 Tahoe. Appreciate if you can share the PIAA part number that worked for you.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes that is the TLP part that Autozone does not list. I also saw that Bosch in their kits lists two sizes of TLP, if one was not enough

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm learning all kinds of new stuff..... it takes two adapters to make an aftermarket wiper blade fit a new car. I guess I'll stick with OEM, and be thankful I live somewhere cold where they last for a long time.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Aero ones on Amazon are just as good and you basically get 2 for 1.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM blades are Bosch - If you look closely at the TLP adapter there's a Bosch logo. I'm not sure which series of Bosch, but for OEM wipers I felt like they were pretty good quality. Genuine GM part number is 84278338

Recently I replaced mine with AC Delco Professional from Rock Auto - 892215 - They wipe OK, but not as well as the OEM ones did when they were brand new. Also the TLP adapter on the AC Delco ones doesn't have as flush of a fit to the wiper arm when installed compared to the OEM ones.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience exactly, bought the AC Delco Professional 892215, it was barely OK, same problem with TLP adapter that you described. I may end up jut ordering 84278338, I was just somewhat disappointed by how fast an OEM pair failed <6 months.

The OEM blades are Bosch - If you look closely at the TLP adapter there's a Bosch logo. I'm not sure which series of Bosch, but for OEM wipers I felt like they were pretty good quality. Genuine GM part number is 84278338

Recently I replaced mine with AC Delco Professional from Rock Auto - 892215 - They wipe OK, but not as well as the OEM ones did when they were brand new. Also the TLP adapter on the AC Delco ones doesn't have as flush of a fit to the wiper arm when installed compared to the OEM ones.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig was one of the '22 builds that sat in the Midlothain hell - from May to November. The tires were flat spotted (Michelin is awesome and gave me a new set) and I figured the wipers would be shot as well, but I gave them a chance. They wiped incredibly well for a year - probably could have kept going with them, but I'm a bit neurotic about having good wipers and with the rainy season of the PNW here, I replaced them with what I figured would be an OEM quality blade (AC Delco). I'll probably run these to next fall and replace them with the GM Genuine ones. It looks like I can get them at my local GMC dealer for ~$20/ea. according to parts.gmc.com

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC Delco has not been OEM parts for a long time now...

My 22 is a year and a half old, but it gets parked inside most of the time. And not under trees. That probably helps keep the wipers working great

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting to find out OEMs are Bosch. I immediately replace any wipers with Bosch Icons on any new vehicle recently. Did same with the Suburban, assuming whatever came on it was bottom of the barrel China made stuff. Maybe next time I’ll try the OEMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts