Anyone tried mophie wireless iphone case with charger pad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrl72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was excited that my new 2016 Yukon had a wireless charger built into the center console. I needed a juice pack for my iphone anyway, and Mophie just came out with their new wireless Qi/PMA compatible charger case. Guess what? It doesn't work on the Yukon's charger pad! Has anyone else tried this particular case yet, or had difficulties with other cases/phones on the vehicle's charger pad? From the little digging I've done, it seems GM did a very poor implementation of this tech which is very disappointing.

Cheers.

OP
OP
M

mrl72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just found out that the center console charging pad is only supplied with 1 amp of power, which is not enough for some charging devices. Most are 2A or for this Mophie case, it's 1.8A. Why would GM do such a thing? I wonder if it's possible to change/boost the amps to the charger?

MortMan

Reaction score
I have the Morphie Juice Pack Wireless charge pack...works fine on the charge pad on my 2015 Denali. You do have to make sure that the phone is placed on the pad as far back as it can go...once it makes the connection you will get a little lightning bolt next to the radio icon on the Nav Screen.

MechEng813

Reaction score
I had it for a few days and it worked for me. (returned it for other reasons)

My go-to <$20 Qi case is this one.
You do have to make sure the phone is positioned closer to the back seat to get the coils to line up.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the description is says not for Tahoe/ Yukon?
Curious about this as well. My concern is that case is not MFI compliant.. Reminds me of that T mobile charger that burnt down that 07 suburban in someone's garage lol

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone found a good iPhone 6/7 Plus case that will work with the Tahoe/Suburban's charging mat? I just got this case for my iPhone 7 Plus: http://a.co/b2cOkwj

I messed around with it for 5 minutes, but it would not do anything...moved it in all sorts of positions and it doesn't charge. People have said that that BEZALEL cases work, but there is no 6/7 Plus option, only the non-Plus size.

Can anyone help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons