Anyone seen a BDS 4" on 2015+ Yukon XL or Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with BDS's new 4" lift for this generation of GM SUVs? I know it hasn't been out long but I haven't found even the first picture of a vehicle with the 4" installed. Any help would be much appreciated.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Haven't seen any 15+ running this kit but a few 07-14s. I would try to find a 4" CST kit since its no track width increase or go bulletproof 6-8" kit.

OP
OP
Suburban13

Suburban13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0819.JPG IMG_0818.JPG IMG_0817.JPG Well. I couldn't find anyone anywhere running a 4" BDS so I went out on a limb and ordered one and installed it a week ago.

2017 Yukon XL SLE 4WD

It turned out nice. Excellent build quality and fitment. The front is basically the bds standard 4" box kit. I'm running the bds 2" coil spacers in the rear, rough country shock relocation brackets from their previous generation SUV 3.5" kit to address and maintain the auto level shocks, and I made new linkages for the auto level sensors in the rear.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Yukon looks fantastic!!

What size tires are you running in these pics? Can you give us your impressions on ride quality as compared to stock with this lift? Also, can you take a overall height measurement as it sits currently?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Looks great!! That front end could go up to 6" easy with a strut spacer. The rear will need 4" coils from skyjacker to equal the front. Also would get rear wheel spacers to even track width. Get some fender height measurements for us.

OP
OP
Suburban13

Suburban13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tires are a 295/79r18 COOPER STT PRO. Front fender measurement: 41-1/2", Rear fender 42". The ride is great, angles are flat. 1.5" bora wheel spacers were ordered the week before last, I hope they are getting close.

The lift actually measures around 5" from LCA bolt to New LCA bolt. Like mentioned above, you could very easily run a strut spacer up front.

My understanding is the 4" and 6" are very similar with some of the same components but the 6" has longer struts up front, replacement coils out back with a few additional components to address suspension linkage in the rear.

Over the years I have had several lifted half tons lifted 6"+, regeared, running 37's, with my last truck being a 2500HD LML duramax running a rancho 4" on 37"s. So for the first time in my life I was attempting to run a smaller lift but still functional with a good ride and I am 100% satisfied with the BDS so far.

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That's great news! Fender heights are great too. You are correct same 4" to 6" front just longer struts. Rear are a few tweaks but possible. I really think my next Denali will be a 4" on 22x10 billets. I love my 7" that's measures more like 8" with 46" fenders but it doesn't fit in garage or most parking decks. I think the 4" will be more feasible all around for you. My bora spacers took about 2 weeks to arrive. How thick is the front cv spacer?

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Looks excellent. I think 3-4" of lift is just right on NNBS and K2XX trucks. Looks like it increased the front track width only minimally, too. Great stance.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How tall is it to the highest point on the roof with this lift installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan