Anyone running Spohn Rear Control Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a reason why you prefer the boxed over the adjustable arms? I'm running the adjustable lower arms and love em I plan on getting the matching uppers and correct pinion angle due to lowering. Cant go wrong with the flash factor seeing the red pop behind the wheels!
How is it just running the lowers? I'm considering just going with them in order to move my wheels forward 1/2" or so but have heard I need to do the uppers too. I don't want the uppers though since there's no mount for the Autoride height sensors.

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it just running the lowers? I'm considering just going with them in order to move my wheels forward 1/2" or so but have heard I need to do the uppers too. I don't want the uppers though since there's no mount for the Autoride height sensors.

The truck runs just fine using the lowers. They come set at stock length. I haven't adjusted mine yet. I'm almost positive adjusting just the lowers will greatly change your pinion though. 1/2 seems like a lot of adjustment needed..

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a reason why you prefer the boxed over the adjustable arms? I'm running the adjustable lower arms and love em I plan on getting the matching uppers and correct pinion angle due to lowering. Cant go wrong with the flash factor seeing the red pop behind the wheels!

I don't need adjustable arms if the boxed arms will do the trick and cost a lot less, and I'm not interested in the bling----although the boxed arms are available in red, too. ;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck runs just fine using the lowers. They come set at stock length. I haven't adjusted mine yet. I'm almost positive adjusting just the lowers will greatly change your pinion though. 1/2 seems like a lot of adjustment needed..
It's probably more like 1/4" , I think. It's just to perfectly center my wheels front-to-back. I have the adjustable Spohn panhard bar so they're already centered left-to-right. I'm thinking 1/4" won't make enough difference in pinion angle to matter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now they I see those boxed ones I might be inclined to go with those too. I don't really need to adjust mine, I don't get any rubbing with my 26's. I'm going to be installing a Whipple whenever they get around to building it for me and I'm thinking these control arms might be a good idea.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now they I see those boxed ones I might be inclined to go with those too. I don't really need to adjust mine, I don't get any rubbing with my 26's. I'm going to be installing a Whipple whenever they get around to building it for me and I'm thinking these control arms might be a good idea.

..you sir, have a big problem....but a very sweet looking problem at that:)

I recently was checking out the Spohn control arms as well...but I was looking more for the FRONT upper and lower control arms, could find much in that category from anyone however....

....but these Red rears look great, especially if your ride lowered I would l think the Adjustables are MUST! no?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..you sir, have a big problem....but a very sweet looking problem at that:)

I recently was checking out the Spohn control arms as well...but I was looking more for the FRONT upper and lower control arms, could find much in that category from anyone however....

....but these Red rears look great, especially if your ride lowered I would l think the Adjustables are MUST! no?
DJM has fronts, here you go:http://djmsuspension.com/product-category/chevy-tahoe-0006-part/

Edit: that's for NBS. Here's NNBS: http://djmsuspension.com/product-category/chevy-tahoe-0714-part/

Adjustable rears would be needed if your tires end up needing to be adjusted front-to-back but mine are close enough to being even. They don't rub and they don't bother me being a little bit off.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DJM has fronts, here you go:http://djmsuspension.com/product-category/chevy-tahoe-0006-part/

Edit: that's for NBS. Here's NNBS: http://djmsuspension.com/product-category/chevy-tahoe-0714-part/

Adjustable rears would be needed if your tires end up needing to be adjusted front-to-back but mine are close enough to being even. They don't rub and they don't bother me being a little bit off.

Ah, that makes sense, I was under the impression (specially) on tahoe's any lowering cause the rear wheel to move forward and to the right....so I just assumed...

Thanks RR!...those ft. arms look great, but I may have to retool that budget of mine too.

on another note.....as I have been digging around online for all the parts I need to rebuild my front end, I've noticed a great variance in 'pricing' but (at least according to description and pics) I really don't seen much noticeable difference in 'quality' (in fact from a distance they all look like they came off the same line)......i.e. I'm seeing wheel hubs from $45ea to $219ea...and everywhere in-between (now of course I can see the actually bearings which could move the pricing), the the bodies look identical....in contrast I could get a 14 piece ft end kit from Detroit Axel for $290....

Any experience with 'auto parts' economy, daily driver, and premium versions....I'm not trying to cheap out, but I don't like basing quality value on how much it costs...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always go more toward the most expensive parts without going to the extreme unless I feel I need the extreme. For instance Moog's Problem Solver line as opposed to their cheaper line, or as opposed to Rare Parts which are ridiculously expensive. I don't want to do it twice.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flipping the script. Looking at Moog upper & lower control arms at rear.

Figure the original bushings are done by now (137k miles) and I won't be supercharging or anything. All good.