Anyone remove the front valence yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't believe how little clearance there is up front. I know most folks don't take these things off road, but sheesh!

Anyone tear theirs off (on purpose or by accident)? :D

Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerrville15

Reaction score
I was thinking about taking it off just so it looks higher. It's amazing how close to the ground the valence is coming from the factory. Might do it today if I get some free time; if I do I'll post pictures.

OP
OP
G

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Wife won't let me touch her truck....
:D

Kerrville15

Reaction score
I took out all of the screws & started popping it loose to see what it would look like. After having about half done, I put it back on because it just didn't look right. There were too many things hanging down that stood out. It's hard to explain, but I didn't think it would look good.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone wanna get ballsy and trim the valence rather than remove?

This is really the only way to do it for it to look right. People used to do this on the NNBS Hybrids, and the K2XX front clip is almost identical in design to them. They'd cut out from 1/2 to 2/3 of the valance. I don't know if the K2XX valance is texture plastic like in the Hybrids, but I had mine sanded down and color matched, and it looked great.

The Hybrid valances are surprisingly cheap (like $120), and it might be the same with the K2XX ones, so it might be worth just buying one and experiment with it.

But yeah there will be clips and other bits showing without it, so the right way is to trim it and imo sand it and paint it.

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off but I had to trim those tabs that are left behind. They really look bad if left on the bumper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

OP
OP
G

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a good niche for a custom part, eh?

Any pics of the trimmed ones would be great. Is this something a body shop could do?

LittleRiverHybrid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
valence replacement?

Does anyone know if you can replace the Hybrid valence with an ordinary Tahoe valence of the same year??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne