Anyone own a Yukon and Durango?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Durango was on my short list. I like the suspension and exhaust treatment that the R/T gets. It is indeed an SUV with a little more attitude. The interior materials quality is fine, but the design approach is a little NASCAR for my taste. The Tahoe is more refined.

My wife hated the Durango for some reason and threw the veto, otherwise it would have been in heavy contention.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
My wife hated the Durango for some reason and threw the veto, otherwise it would have been in heavy contention.

My wife is not a fan of our Durango either. Claims it feels like a "man's car" and has trouble with visibility. But she loves our Yukon!

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some interesting comments in here. At first, I was like all your wives drive the Durango.
Then here some of you said you wives thought it was too manly.
I'm unsure if i would miss having a full sized truck. Sometimes it's nice having that extra pimped ride.
However, I do miss having a loud sporty V8.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously think it would be a big mistake if you go with the SRT8..Just IMHO.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a grand Cherokee overland (slightly different interior layout compared to Durango) and would say the fit and finish is much better than our yukon slt. The denali would probably be a better comparison from a trim level. The jeep is 3yrs older and many more miles but the yukon seems to have more rattles and annoyances. However, the size and long road trips with yukon can't be beat for those with multiple kids.

It's not the SRT but 5yrs and currently 90k problem free miles. As someone else stated the Benz ml platform is very solid with both Durango and GCherokee.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I previously had a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland trim and loved it so would definitely recommend taking a look at one. If the Durango rides on that same platform I'd bet it's a nice ride, however I prefer the look of the Jeeps. In fact, I'd still have the Jeep had I not been foolish and ditched it for a car at the time which turned out to be a POS so I traded that in and went for the Tahoe.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized my pic from last night is pretty much the same pic as in my signature. lol
We actually had an Overland. I believe it was a 2001 model. Different platform. But still nice at the time.
Well, I guess I am back to the new Navigator/Expedition debuting this fall. I do like my Denali. But it does have some issues which don't seem to be resolved. And I am not foolish enough to gamble on a new platform from GM next fall.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized my pic from last night is pretty much the same pic as in my signature. lol
We actually had an Overland. I believe it was a 2001 model. Different platform. But still nice at the time.
Well, I guess I am back to the new Navigator/Expedition debuting this fall. I do like my Denali. But it does have some issues which don't seem to be resolved. And I am not foolish enough to gamble on a new platform from GM next fall.

To be fair, next fall the Tahoe/yukon platform will he essentially mid cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy