Anyone ordering an 2018 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I walked out the door with my 2017 PPV for $34k. Sticker was ~$47k I believe. -$5k for the PPV package, -$7k for "Competitive Bid Discount".....basically what they give government agencies to keep the car competitive with the Ford's pricing and others, I suppose.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I walked out the door with my 2017 PPV for $34k. Sticker was ~$47k I believe. -$5k for the PPV package, -$7k for "Competitive Bid Discount".....basically what they give government agencies to keep the car competitive with the Ford's pricing and others, I suppose.

Yeah GM gives bid assistance and it varies depending on State, County, and city. Some get better than others. $34-36k is about average for the NJ/DE/PA area with bid assistance. They're really not supposed to sell it with that bid discount if it isn't actually being bought on some sort of bid contract unless they have leftovers if they ordered a large amount for it.

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ours got pushed back again for nov 6th build week. They keep pushing the 4wd. Still don't know the hard price but ours with 2k in aftermarket heated/cooled leather seats, 4wd, drivers assistance and just about any other feature should be around 44k.

Wife is driving me nuts asking when it's coming in. Ordered when the banks opened up jun 23rd ish. Original build was week of sept 11

Brett

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours got pushed back again for nov 6th build week. They keep pushing the 4wd. Still don't know the hard price but ours with 2k in aftermarket heated/cooled leather seats, 4wd, drivers assistance and just about any other feature should be around 44k.

Wife is driving me nuts asking when it's coming in. Ordered when the banks opened up jun 23rd ish. Original build was week of sept 11

Brett
Are you getting a 4WD PPV or SSV? Also if they gave you the VIN of it I can check and see if it was actually built or what its status is. One dealer in my area who is our main competitor for getting Chevy bids would sell people's vehicles and then give them a different VIN and tell them the same thing instead of saying "Oh by the way we actually sold your vehicle to a different department."

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you getting a 4WD PPV or SSV? Also if they gave you the VIN of it I can check and see if it was actually built or what its status is. One dealer in my area who is our main competitor for getting Chevy bids would sell people's vehicles and then give them a different VIN and tell them the same thing instead of saying "Oh by the way we actually sold your vehicle to a different department."

PPV no vin that I know of. Haven't talked to the salesman in a few weeks. Have the build sheet with my name. He might've sold it but I would seriously doubt it. He's a straight shooter older guy. Seems stand up, not your stereotypical big city slick salesman.

Brett

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV no vin that I know of. Haven't talked to the salesman in a few weeks. Have the build sheet with my name. He might've sold it but I would seriously doubt it. He's a straight shooter older guy. Seems stand up, not your stereotypical big city slick salesman.

Brett
Good luck then, hopefully everything turns out well. So far we haven't had any issues with any of the vehicles being pushed back.

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good luck then, hopefully everything turns out well. So far we haven't had any issues with any of the vehicles being pushed back.

Talked to the salesman today. Ours is being built this week. He expects delivery end of next week or first of the week after. Total price is a little under 42k with the heated and cooled leather seats.

I think we're going to add some factory take off 22s too. We will keep the steelies for daily driving and put on the double deuces for special occasions

Brett

DaBigBR

Reaction score
My 2018 4WD PPV was ordered mid September, originally given a 10/30 TPW, and is now pushed back to 12/11. Dealer basically says to deal with it.

And now we wait.

DaBigBR

Reaction score
Since my information mirrors what rusty posted (4WDs keep getting pushed back), I'm going to assume that cancelling my order, losing my deposit, and starting over will not save me any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont