Anyone lowered on factory Yukon 20's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 830s are not the same...

I did a lot of digging and researching the extended length, retracted length, eyelet size top and bottom of the Street Performance drop shocks and then comparing those measurements to the Monroe spec sheets.

The auto level air lines are the same size as the Monroes... just the Monroes don't have the same quick disconnect fittings. You just remove the QDs and stick the hose through the plastic nut that comes with the Monroes and stick 2 O-rings on it and screw them into the new shocks... easy peasy.

Just did quick research myself and saw the 830s are a bit longer. But thanks a lot for sharing. It's heck of a lot cheaper than OEM or Arnotts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It is and especially considering the Arnott's and OEM are too long when lowered this much.

You will still need resistors to keep the lights off on the dash though... just FYI.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is and especially considering the Arnott's and OEM are too long when lowered this much.

You will still need resistors to keep the lights off on the dash though... just FYI.
Gotcha. Oh yeah..I have a set of resistors ready too. My fronts have the resistors already.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious... how low are you planning to go???

Truck is lowered already, but been messing with different drop combos. Currently have DJM control arms up front with McGaughy drop shock. Basically I needed a non airride shock for me to use the McGaughy's, so ended up using the spring and top perch from a cheap replacement shock (SenSen Speedy Strut) I think though this is causing the truck not to drop more because the arms are 3" drop and have the spring perch set for another 1", but I'm not getting the 4".

In the back have Belltech 4205 spring with the Arnott 2700 shock.

Goal is 4/6, 4/5 or 4.5/6 if the spring doesn't rub on the front axles. Currently it's about 3/4.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Truck is lowered already, but been messing with different drop combos. Currently have DJM control arms up front with McGaughy drop shock. Basically I needed a non airride shock for me to use the McGaughy's, so ended up using the spring and top perch from a cheap replacement shock (SenSen Speedy Strut) I think though this is causing the truck not to drop more because the arms are 3" drop and have the spring perch set for another 1", but I'm not getting the 4".

In the back have Belltech 4205 spring with the Arnott 2700 shock.

Goal is 4/6, 4/5 or 4.5/6 if the spring doesn't rub on the front axles. Currently it's about 3/4.

Stock 20's and stock 275/55/20 tires???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9