Anyone have gear alloy wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at the 726 big block model. I was curious if anyone has them and if so could you post some pics. Probably will be going with 20x10 -19 just not sure if I want black or chrome yet. From pics I see online they look like they have. 3-5" lip, but I can't find an exact answer. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Lots of people have them but mainly on trucks. I would look on isntagram or custom offsets. I would go chrome and lip size is 4" on a x10

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have them but mainly on trucks. I would look on isntagram or custom offsets. I would go chrome and lip size is 4" on a x10

Thanks, I looked on custom offsets but there's less than a dozen with 726 on anything newer than a 07.
Summit racing has them in black for 138$ each for 20x10 -19. Cheapest I can find Chrome is 260, and I'm afraid of the chrome not lasting more than a few years. I live in a area where there is road salt everywhere for 3-4 months out of the year so the quality of the chrome makes me question if it's worth the extra money. I had chrome h2 wheels on my last Silverado and the wheels were 4 years old and already pitting. $560 vs $1100 is what has me stuck on a color choice.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks, I looked on custom offsets but there's less than a dozen with 726 on anything newer than a 07.
Summit racing has them in black for 138$ each for 20x10 -19. Cheapest I can find Chrome is 260, and I'm afraid of the chrome not lasting more than a few years. I live in a area where there is road salt everywhere for 3-4 months out of the year so the quality of the chrome makes me question if it's worth the extra money. I had chrome h2 wheels on my last Silverado and the wheels were 4 years old and already pitting. $560 vs $1100 is what has me stuck on a color choice.

Well in that case I would go black cause the chrome is powder and can flake anyhow. Search the wheel on google images.

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in that case I would go black cause the chrome is powder and can flake anyhow. Search the wheel on google images.

Is the chrome cheap on them compared to say moto metal or another brand. I found custom offsets you tube channel and they have some videos describing the wheels and showing them on some leveled trucks. They said it's just shy of 4 1/4 inch lip on the 10s.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Is the chrome cheap on them compared to say moto metal or another brand. I found custom offsets you tube channel and they have some videos describing the wheels and showing them on some leveled trucks. They said it's just shy of 4 1/4 inch lip on the 10s.

It's actually not chrome on a lot of wheels now but a powder coat that looks chrome called PVD. Only specific moto wheels are true chrome. You have to check each wheel to see if chrome or PVD. Most wheels that are PVD end up peeling off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts