Anyone Have a How To Replace High Beam w LED or HID???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to replace the OEM Halogens with LED or HID high beams. Anyone come up with a good solution for the dust cap retrofit yet?

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I'd really like to replace the OEM Halogens with LED or HID high beams. Anyone come up with a good solution for the dust cap retrofit yet?

I replaced high beams in my denali.

I bought the pair of dust caps from retrofit source for $8 (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/rubber-housing-caps-51948.html), cut out the dust caps with a hole saw, dremeled out the rest of the hole and the ridges so they fit nicely, siliconed them in, and it worked fine. See this thread for good visual reference of what I did: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...am-and-fog-lights-a-lot-of-pics-inside.85302/

I used clear siding/window silicone from Home Depot and worked perfectly. They sell a small tube, that doesn't require a caulk gun. Also, they're DUST caps, not waterproof caps, so it doesn't need to be perfect!

pro510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got 55w LEDs from eBay and they go in as easy as changing normal halogen bulbs. No cutting of the dust cap, no running wires.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I got 55w LEDs from eBay and they go in as easy as changing normal halogen bulbs. No cutting of the dust cap, no running wires.

I thought the leds still had wires coming out from them and a small power supply.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

pro510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought the leds still had wires coming out from them and a small power supply.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Yes some do. If you go for same wattage as halogens then you should be OK. I have had mine in for over 6 months with absolutely no issue.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes some do. If you go for same wattage as halogens then you should be OK. I have had mine in for over 6 months with absolutely no issue.

I'm going to go with rlschmidt's idea because my LED replacements have a wire running to the power supply. Thanks for all the help gentleman.

Ekim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

So which ones did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts