Anyone get the fan recall for their PPV or SSV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done today. Looks like they put a new shroud, new passenger fan motor and extended the wire harness. The service advisor printed the whole thing off for me if anyone is interested in it. It's about 9 pages of instructions with part numbers too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine done today. Looks like they put a new shroud, new passenger fan motor and extended the wire harness. The service advisor printed the whole thing off for me if anyone is interested in it. It's about 9 pages of instructions with part numbers too.
im interested, I just bought a oem hd cooling fan assembly from rockauto, no idea it or any other parts I have may need to be changed or would fall within the recall.

Bass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting jerked around with mine. I made an appointment, they verified they had the parts. I get a call a few hours later saying there has been a "new" recall for the parts, and they'll have to order those (BS story). So I get the truck back, and the check engine light comes on. They didn't plug in some wires, and I was running rich in a couple cylinders. Go back to have them correct it, and get the whole "are you sure it wasn't on when you brought it in?" I call them to finally fix the recall and get told they fixed it back when it was in. I tell them about the message I got and they say that I misunderstood the message and it wasn't about the recall at all. Now my stock fans are making quite a bit of noise as I fight with the stealership.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to make sure you guys dont get jerked around like I did / other users in here... open the glove box and check the RPO sticker for "9C1, 5W4" if you dont see those, your vehicle is not affected by the recall. the dealer does not know any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu