Anyone get the fan recall for their PPV or SSV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine today from GM, just curious if anyone else did or may have already taken their vehicle in for repair. I'm hoping they won't need the truck more than 24 hours.

I dread going to a dealership for work, even if it's covered. And I was a BMW tech for almost 10 years.....at a dealership. :nolol:

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I called my local dealer yesterday and they ordered the parts, she will call me when they come in. I don't mind going there they do my oil changes and state inspections. I've been going there for 20 years. only had one issue with them, not bad I guess.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to get our '10 in for that. Our dealership has done pretty decent with the Caprice, so why not? Just have to get some down time foe the PPV. The dealership won't order the parts before hand. :-(

Perro

Reaction score
My experience with this recall so far, took the letter in a Monday and then was told to bring it Thursday, took it Thursday and all that was done was "oh yeah we checked the VIN and does fall under the recall" :), please bring it back Monday, took it in following Monday, sorry we didn't get all the parts in. Dealer called me and was told to make an appointment for Monday because all the parts had arrived...:D, so hopefully it gets done this time:)

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a vehicle with a warranty reminds me of how much I hate going to a dealership. Never had a good outcome from any of my trips, including "fully covered" warranty work.

(Drove out after one trip with my front end flopping all over the road after a warranty replacement. They told me they replaced the part, now I have to pay for them to align the front end again, that is not covered as part of the warranty work).

Makes me wonder if this one is worth it. 49 thousand vehicles with this out there. They have never had a rush to fix the issue after all these years, and I haven't read about any fires, so I assume it is a mix of CYA and making money for the dealers.

I just picture coming out with something not working as well as when I went in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos