anyone find a larger oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know the numbers but if the threads and size of the housing is the same as the old small blocks there is a 2 quart filter they used to use on trucks that I used on all my chevys

Bsharris2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is what I use in my 2009 Tahoe with a 6.2. I prefer Napa Gold filters because they are made by Wix. Excellent filter at a decent price and not as expensive as Mobil 1. The standard filter is the 7060. That is the short OE style gold filter. The longer version is the 7045. Also a gold series, made by Wix and has the same thread and gasket size, except it is 1.35 inches longer or about 34 mm. This information is NOT on the Napa website, and if you pull it up for your vehicle, it will show that it is not a direct fit. But, it fits great and I have used it for a while now. I use this filter with Mobil 1 only. Hope this helps.

Kirth Gersen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Many years ago I switched my vehicles to Baldwin brand filters. USA-made and much heavier duty construction than retail store filters.
Also Baldwin has much better anti-drainback valve than most other brands (if filter uses a valve). Blow with your mouth, into the center filter hole, and there should be NO leakage. In applications where filter is horizontal, prevents oil from leaking out and causing am engine 'dry start'.

Anyway, the Baldwin website,
http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/startproductguide.html
has a section where you can do a "Filter by Size Search", just enter the thread dimensions, etc.

Here are pics from another application, contrasting a common Delco PF24 with Baldwin B9. Perfect interchange on thread & seal size. The gaskets may look different, but they're identical.
Baldwin vs Delco filter 1.jpg Baldwin vs Delco filter 2.jpg ion,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham