anyone find a larger oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flynryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did my 1st oil change on our new to us 15' tahoe. Man, that oil filter is tiny. I had a ton of oil filters in the cabinet and 1 that looked almost the same but much longer, the 1 I bought was the wrong 1. I tried cross referencing but nothing came up. Got me thinking that I would love to use a bigger oil filter like the oil filter on my vw tdi (which was huge) fit on my moms gas passat.
Anyone?

OP
OP
F

flynryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just did research myself after posting this and it looks like the Delco pf63e is a direct replacement and is approx 2" longer so I believe it would still be protected behind the engine so you would not have to worry about it being ripped off for hanging down too low.
I think my next oil change I will be using the bigger filter along with the mobil 1 I use

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen IV LC9 5.3 calls for a PF48. After much research, it is not a problem to use the PF63. When it stops raining, that PF-63, actually a K&N HP-2011, is going in this time.

For many many years we ran the PF-52 in place of the PF-47 in our muscle cars with no ill effects.

So if your Gen V motor runs the same filters you can also use the Mobil 1 M1-212 instead of the M1-113A.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gen IV LC9 5.3 calls for a PF48. After much research, it is not a problem to use the PF63. When it stops raining, that PF-63, actually a K&N HP-2011, is going in this time.

For many many years we ran the PF-52 in place of the PF-47 in our muscle cars with no ill effects.

So if your Gen V motor runs the same filters you can also use the Mobil 1 M1-212 instead of the M1-113A.
lol, those hotlinks though...keltec, diamond ring, lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that went right over my head, twice! LOL
when your post first went up the "hp-2011" and something else was hotlinked, the filter hotlink went to a $8 white gold ring and the other went to a keltec handgun, now the hotlinks are gone.