Anyone else brave enough to admit to this mistake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Interestingly enough on some of the other vehicles, like my moms 2011 grand Cherokee limited, with the key on my pocket, if my hand is near the handle but not touching it, it will still unlock, even without touching the handle, or the button. I find it interesting that the GM handles aren’t like that.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^yes, this how my overland is,however, you have to push button to lock. I'm not sure why it isn't standard for gm trucks to unlock without pushing button. Seems like industry std at this point.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Interestingly enough on some of the other vehicles, like my moms 2011 grand Cherokee limited, with the key on my pocket, if my hand is near the handle but not touching it, it will still unlock, even without touching the handle, or the button. I find it interesting that the GM handles aren’t like that.

Yes, I mentioned that earlier, BMW’s and even some Toyota’s including the 2008 Prius have had this feature for at least 10 years. But for $80,000 a Denali has a button on it, like an elevator or something. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you going to try?

I sped read through this thinking all I needed to do was place my hand on the handle without pressing the button, which is how all my past German cars have been. Did not work. Came back to thread to re-read and..... I very disappoint.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But with the button, can’t you,pull on the handle to make sure the truck is locked without opening the door? With my friend’s Suburu, I had to move the fob away from the car to make sure the doors were locked.

Pluses and minuses with everything.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But with the button, can’t you,pull on the handle to make sure the truck is locked without opening the door? With my friend’s Suburu, I had to move the fob away from the car to make sure the doors were locked.

Pluses and minuses with everything.

Just click the lock button in your pocket as you walk away. No need to stand facing your truck physically double checking if you locked it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh