Anyone else brave enough to admit to this mistake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing the fob has to be near by? The only touch style handle I have is on a C6 and it sounds totally different but is a pain.

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why GM places a physical button on the door handle. My Current BMW and an old Toyota we used to have both have sensors that sense your hand just bearly touching the door handle, at which point it unlocks.

I’ve had a few cars with this feature and found the BMW system to be the most seem less with the sensors. I’ve also been pushing the button on the door and will have to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few cars with this feature and found the BMW system to be the most seem less with the sensors. I’ve also been pushing the button on the door and will have to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to push the button - it's not a sensor like on the BMW and others.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See I don't have to physically push it. The button sticks out ever so slightly from the handle.
So by placing my hand on the handle it in fact depresses the button as I go to pull it.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See I don't have to physically push it. The button sticks out ever so slightly from the handle.
So by placing my hand on the handle it in fact depresses the button as I go to pull it.
That still sounds like physically pushing the button to me

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 15’ Denali doesn’t do that. You have to press the button on the 2015.

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright.... I'm going to try this when I get home... I've been doing this for a few months on our new Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV