Anybody replace the bump stops?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about the bolt for the cam, but I don't know the answer... Subbed.

OP
OP
06Escalade

06Escalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks, swaybars and jounce stops do nothing to hold the front end up but they do affect ride and handling of course; you'll need to adjust the torsion bars level it out. Make sure to put it on jackstands before cranking on them. And it's normal for them to be adjusted differently.
Yes, its handling I'm after. I travel very hilly, winding, leaning mountain roads every day. I was hoping the combination of new OEM rubber bump stops and Energy poly swaybar bushings would help chewing up the outsides of tires as she leans over. During the process I find the truck has been low on drivers side for who knows how long.

If I crank the drivers side a bit jacked up as you suggested, what does it do to alignment? I'm wondering about the camber setting in the pic. will raising put me more on the outsides, with no ability to correct?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the sway bar end links are junk, as you say, then do the frame bushings at the same time and check the rear sway bar as well. Has one of those right? Your original post complained of a roll. Shocks worn out, ride height not correct, sway control components all contribute to a firmer confident feel. You can adjust the torsion bars to be able to drive, after all needed parts are replaced, but get the rig to an alignment shop you trust and get the ride height checked and adjusted to spec and do a 4 wheel align/thrust angle align. I would also ask the alignment man/woman to check tire pressure before alignment is done. Some shops skip that step but it is important.