Any Success with Firestick/Belkin Stick/Chromecast ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Chromecast in my truck on and off and though it works, I'm not happy about it for 2 reasons:

1) Every so often, the screen cast disconnects even if no internet is lost, as if there is a timer to stay connected

2) I get lag from time to time when playing songs/videos through screen mirror. I run through mobile hotspot and areas that I drive could be causing the issues but its too consistent of an issue to be a reliable source.

Planning to focus more on Android Auto but wish it had a wider option of apps. A Youtube app to search and watch videos would be great.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LG G4.

I did some more testing because it was getting very annoying and found much better success when I turn everything off on phone. This is my extra phone running on hotspot btw. Disabled navi, bluetooth and seen much better streaming.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a Kyocera, the heavy durable one (model # E6790TM) (Android 5.1.1) but dont think its compatible with android auto

alexalex

Reaction score
I have both a FireTV (2nd Generation) and Fire Stick. They both work effectively across the house from my router. Thee box is a little bit faster and more responsive, but the Stick still works well. I have been researching fo some firestick apps to use Firestick at its full capacity. I'm considering getting some free apps from this list https://www.firesticktricks.com/amazon-fire-stick-apps.html . Hey guys what apps/addons do you have? Do they work fine for you?

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apps for movies? Kodi the most popular but I'm sure there are other options out there. They are constantly posting best apps for kodi online based on your needs.

Regarding the OP, this issue somehow resolved itself. I have different phones now but issue continued with them. I think an update corrected issues. Chromecast never cuts off and no more lagging. IF I'm in an area with bad service, it does cut off but nothing like before.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LG G4.

I did some more testing because it was getting very annoying and found much better success when I turn everything off on phone. This is my extra phone running on hotspot btw. Disabled navi, bluetooth and seen much better streaming.

Just an idea, since it started working better when you shut everthing off. A lot of times, my phones will stumble when it's own wifi is on, while I'm travelling it probably spots a hotspot that has the same name as one you have connected to before ie "linksys" or something like that. and in that moment it stumbles...

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a possibility. I created this thread back in 2017 and ever since I upgraded to the Essential Google Phone in early August, these issues went away. Only time it slows down is when I'm in a bad area and has been consistent in those areas. This issue has been resolved.

Resolution(s)
1) Disabling all apps/resources taking memory or data from phone doing the casting
2) Better phone doing the Hotspot (Kyocera Heavy Duty vs Essential Phone)