Any LED headlight users in here with some LONG TERM feedback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*disclaimer* I've seen the retrofit threads, don't care for them. I know the factory headlights were made for halogen bulbs. At this point, I hope to prevent some folks from replying with their opinion. That is not what the purpose of this thread is. :)

I've been searching the last few weeks when time permitted, I cannot easily find any good discussion about LED lights. I'm looking for folks who have run the super brite LED's (at least low beams) for an extended period of time, hopefully over a year or better. Mainly I'm looking for any issues you folks may have had, if any.

(I've got a 2007, its far from perfect but its a decent DD. The retrofit is cool, but I'm not investing that much time into this truck.......plus its not really my cup of tea. LED's have progressed even in the last year, so things have changed since the LED hatred bandwagon started on this forum)

Please post up, good or bad.......pics are a plus if you have some evidence of the bad.

TIA

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Retrofit!

Ok ok I will answer honestly. The problem with led is the two directional bulbs. Halogen is 360 degree where as led is 180 only. This creates hot spots in certain areas. Such as my coworker in a excursion only gets output right in front of truck or up in the air due to the 180 degree pattern. Yes they are super bright but absolutely awful for output. You can retrofit your stock lights for $300. That's cheap compared to half the cost for junk output led.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*disclaimer* I've seen the retrofit threads, don't care for them. I know the factory headlights were made for halogen bulbs. At this point, I hope to prevent some folks from replying with their opinion. That is not what the purpose of this thread is. :)

I've been searching the last few weeks when time permitted, I cannot easily find any good discussion about LED lights. I'm looking for folks who have run the super brite LED's (at least low beams) for an extended period of time, hopefully over a year or better. Mainly I'm looking for any issues you folks may have had, if any.

(I've got a 2007, its far from perfect but its a decent DD. The retrofit is cool, but I'm not investing that much time into this truck.......plus its not really my cup of tea. LED's have progressed even in the last year, so things have changed since the LED hatred bandwagon started on this forum)

Please post up, good or bad.......pics are a plus if you have some evidence of the bad.

TIA
Hello, i will also give you my own personal opinion about leds versus halogen and versus hids.

I have 2017 yukon., i had leds from ddmtunning in my low beams., the leds was not giving me any light at a ll in comparison to my stock halogens, so i get rid of the ddmtunning leds because were not good at all. Then i spent a few long months with stock bulbs until i decided to go with hids and i bought some from vanquishauto., there is a lot of people with very good feedbacks about their hids and leds as well. So in my personal opinion, i will go with hids instead of leds, leds are not good for the halogen projectors our cars comes with. In fact, when you put the hids in the headlights it is not any glare like the halogens, thats what I have in my car now and there is not glare, they project the lights perfect and i will definitely stay with hids instead!

Millerd1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed Diode Dynamics low beam HID on my 2004 Yukon and doing a lot of after dark driving, love them. So good I almost never turn on high beams. On 2004 all the extra wiring fits in a boxed pocket behind the lense assembly, without needing two sided tape or bolting. Not sure there is enough box left for a high beam wiring set. I have the 6000K, on 18" lifted wheels and seen just one flash request for lowering them in about 30K miles. They offer three year warranty. http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/
Low Beam HID Conversion Kit for 1992-2006 GMC Yukon
Bulb Size 9006
Color/Temperature 6000K hid kit 9006_6k

TDTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

TIA

TIA

Replaced every bulb on my 2014 Tahoe 1 year ago with LEDs that I found on Amazon. I spent around $250 total. Output was great. Daytime running lamps were awesome white LEDs. Nighttime running lamps were white LEDs that changed to Amber with the turn signals. I researched each review and didn't find one negative comment. I was extremely happy for one year exactly. It's like they had a one year expiration date on them. One headlight just burned out, One turn signal burned out, one daytime running lamp went out, one fog light is flickering, and the reverse LEDs look like strobe lights. Hopefully this keeps someone from buying them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore