Any Good Headers for Newer Model Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Msalinas408

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend ARH. I have them in my 08.
I would love to get some AHR's, but they weren't much help when I talked to them. Not sure what size I need for my 5.3L. Also, not sure if I will have issues connecting to my Corsa exhaust.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I would love to get some AHR's, but they weren't much help when I talked to them. Not sure what size I need for my 5.3L. Also, not sure if I will have issues connecting to my Corsa exhaust.
Have you spoken to BlackBear? Generally for a NA motor, 1 3/8 would be perfect. Going with a larger 1 7/8 could cause you to loose some power as it would be to large of a diameter. Unless you have a supercharger that can benefit from the larger piping and help flow.
When I spoke to Justin at BlackBear, I was told that a NA can’t utilized the larger diameter of a 1 7/8 header without the help of a FI. Best to use 1 3/8 long headers for NA as shorties don’t do much for performance gains and use 1 7/8 for FI. This info was last body style Tahoes but I imagine it’s the same for yours.
As far as Fitment, you shouldn’t have any problems. Unlike the stock y pipe that’s solid, the y section on my ARH has clamps so the pipes have some adjustablity to them. It should bolt up no problems.

4B21460F-9B16-4CAF-A1B2-DADEBFCCFA77.jpeg 806C6B47-84E4-4747-AA5A-8AC6C4B5E76C.jpeg C15AB15C-3E76-4868-A6ED-2C342EC8AC4C.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Have you spoken to BlackBear? Generally for a NA motor, 1 3/8 would be perfect. Going with a larger 1 7/8 could cause you to loose some power as it would be to large of a diameter. Unless you have a supercharger that can benefit from the larger piping and help flow.
When I spoke to Justin at BlackBear, I was told that a NA can’t utilized the larger diameter of a 1 7/8 header without the help of a FI. Best to use 1 3/8 long headers for NA as shorties don’t do much for performance gains and use 1 7/8 for FI. This info was last body style Tahoes but I imagine it’s the same for yours.
As far as Fitment, you shouldn’t have any problems. Unlike the stock y pipe that’s solid, the y section on my ARH has clamps so the pipes have some adjustablity to them. It should bolt up no problems.

View attachment 198924 View attachment 198925 View attachment 198926
Have any problems dropping the trans pan? Looks a little tight.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Have any problems dropping the trans pan? Looks a little tight.

Nope not at All. That section of pipe comes off. So access to dropping the pan isn’t a problem. I also installed a pan that has a drain plug in it, I change fluid every 30k and drop the pan and replace the filter every other. No mess

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my ARH's installed, 1 7/8th no cats, paired with a aFe cold air intake & Corsa catback.
Here is a video of it front a cold start.

Also got her dyno tuned & have been loving the results, just FYI it's loud when you get on it. Pretty normal when just driving normal
Tuned? How much WHP you can get all this upgrades?

yukon702

Reaction score

View attachment 198924 View attachment 198925 View attachment 198926
Do you know the model number of these headers so I can look at the specs?

yukon702

Reaction score
Hey, what do you know! I'm in California. Lol. No way in hell that I'm going to pay extra money for a Catalytic Converter just to gut it. Good thing is, there's always a way around this to make it pass smog here. Man, this info you provided is very good stuff. Thanks alot for sharing!
Spark plug non fouler...these guys just don't know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts