Another seat swap thread! Can't find answer anywhere. EXT!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 82872 View attachment 82873 Hello TYF, haven't been here in a long while, sold my 05 escalade a couple or three years ago and picked up an 06 EXT as a project truck. Well life got in the way so I'm just now getting back to it. When I first purchased I managed to get some 24's and a drop kit from Tony. Fast forward to a month ago and I started installing my system...2 DDX 15s, two 2kwatt amps, one 1kw amp, one 600 watt amp. 4 infinity kappa 6.5 components, two 6.5 loudspeakers and two 6.5 200 watt subs. Just finished a weeks worth of sound deadening, four 80 mil layers of CLD plus 2lb MLV and CCF just in the doors. I also plan on doing fender wells, the bed, roof and floor but...I'm thinking about switching the rear bench for captains seats out of an ESV, suburban or XL. According to one eBay vendor the bolt pattern is the same on the mounting brackets 20 inch front to back, 17 inch left to right on drivers side and 16 inch passenger side. Can anyone confirm these measurements are correct??? If so does anyone know of a reason this swap won't work?? Not only would the captains look better but I could also build a custom console to hide my spare battery, couple amps and at least one of the 6.5 subs...unfortunately the factory Bose enclosure under the front console won't fit the new ones even tho it's the same size, still unsure what I'll be doing with that space

Sorry for the long post but thanks in advance for any help

2017-05-08 15.58.44.png

20170524_003655.jpg

20170526_185854.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered some captains out of a suburban, should be here tomoro. Hope they fit!! Fingers crossed...

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they may bolt to the outer brackets but i dont think they will fit the inner brackets

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you had me worried but....they fit!. Only teeny tiny problem is the bracket on back inner side of the passenger seat catches a piece of plastic in front of the midgate. Other than that everything lines up perfect...Will post pics later tonite

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20170614_134756.jpg 20170614_134716.jpg Hey select, you were right. When I went back to the garage that night I realized it wasn't just the plastic....the rear bracket was actually a little too long. Still no big deal I just removed that bracket so the rear passenger seat only has 3 bolts instead of 4. Today I started working on the full length center console, it's gonna take awhile so I'm sure I'll have that bracket taken care of by then. I would just swap with the bench seat but I wanna sell em and don't wanna screw over whoever buys em. The leather was redone by the previous owner right before I bought the truck and they still look brand new, the leather seems way better than stock...If anyone reads this and wants a good deal shoot me a pm

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
View attachment 82872 View attachment 82873 Hello TYF, haven't been here in a long while, sold my 05 escalade a couple or three years ago and picked up an 06 EXT as a project truck. Well life got in the way so I'm just now getting back to it. When I first purchased I managed to get some 24's and a drop kit from Tony. Fast forward to a month ago and I started installing my system...2 DDX 15s, two 2kwatt amps, one 1kw amp, one 600 watt amp. 4 infinity kappa 6.5 components, two 6.5 loudspeakers and two 6.5 200 watt subs. Just finished a weeks worth of sound deadening, four 80 mil layers of CLD plus 2lb MLV and CCF just in the doors. I also plan on doing fender wells, the bed, roof and floor but...I'm thinking about switching the rear bench for captains seats out of an ESV, suburban or XL. According to one eBay vendor the bolt pattern is the same on the mounting brackets 20 inch front to back, 17 inch left to right on drivers side and 16 inch passenger side. Can anyone confirm these measurements are correct??? If so does anyone know of a reason this swap won't work?? Not only would the captains look better but I could also build a custom console to hide my spare battery, couple amps and at least one of the 6.5 subs...unfortunately the factory Bose enclosure under the front console won't fit the new ones even tho it's the same size, still unsure what I'll be doing with that space

Sorry for the long post but thanks in advance for any help

View attachment 82875

View attachment 82876

Nice ride

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem bracket, needs to be cut right thru the center of the little hole on top. Even so this was a painfully easy swap, very happy with how it looks, the captains are more comfortable and I can't wait to get the console finished...after that I have a ton more things to do lol. Gonna two tone the seats, repaint the interior plastic, change the carpet and headliner after I finish sound deadening, strongly considering air bags...don't wanna lay frame or anything crazy but I'd appreciate a better ride and being able to adjust height, gonna sound deaden the bed and cover it with some wood like the old school trucks. After all that I might swap the 15s for 12s or 10s or one of each with higher power handling, just because I'd like to move the subs out of the bed and into the new console. Basically I'll never be done lmao

20170614_134835.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm loving it. Was messing around on Google a few days ago and I learned this beast is actually 2 inches longer than the same year suburban. I love how big it is and the muffler and cats were honed so the 6.0 has a beautiful deep, mean rumble but it isn't annoyingly too loud.

I really need a tune tho the 5.3 was actually quicker, this one has slow shift pints. It's also a little too big for my girl to drive. It does take corners like a champ tho lol being lowered and awd it does surprisingly well for a 6000 lb brick