Another oil pressure issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zack70442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello all! I have been reading everything I can find everywhere I can find it about this issue. background..07 Denali xl 6.2 I installed pacesetter headers and airraid cia. had to weld a broken stud out of a head, battery completely disconnected, ever since that day I have had oil sensor issues. first sensor would intermittently work. it wouldn't be reading but after about 3min of drive time the gauge would shoot up and everything would be ok until it was shut off for more than about 6hrs then it would do same again. decide to change that sensor the new one worked perfect for about 1 day then did same as original one. decided to try a 3rd one. 3rd sensor wouldn't put pressure reading on the cluster but did not trigger the message center or oil light. Its now been 1 week and the message and oil light popped on this morning on my drive to work. There was no screen under the sensor to replace so I was going to put on in.....it doesn't fit so it stayed out. Made a manual gauge adaptor from one of the old sensors and I do have a solid 40ish lbs. other weird things, if the door chime on the drivers door chimes the sensor will work if it doesn't ding the sensor doesn't work, turning the fog lights on has triggered the sensor to shut off. BCM or ECU issue? maybe just needs a reflash to reestablish when the 5v ref and grounds are going or applied? hopefully I covered all the bases of what the issue is. Also just wanted to say this place is awesome! tons of really good information here! CRAP...sorry guys I put this in the wrong spot....trying to fix its location sorry

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm betting the welding had something to do with it. The sensor and/or it's wiring and/or any wiring in the area could've been charged with induced current. This could've damaged sensitive circuitry in the PCM and/or BCM.

OP
OP
zack70442

zack70442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE. found the problem the pigtail to the sensor had broken and pushed the pin on the sensor over far enough to touch the other pin on the sensor. simple fix! Also AC doesn't make parts they rebox them the majority of delco/gm electronics are produced by Delphi.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll be damned. This fix door chime and fog light issues as well?

OP
OP
zack70442

zack70442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Door chime is still strangely intermittent. It will work one or 3 times but not the next.

Buzzcut

Reaction score
Where was the ground hooked up for the stud removal part? Just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442