Another new member checking in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkpile

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been lurking around here a little lately, and I've seen a lot of good info and helpful posts, so I thought I should join. I have a 2003 Yukon XL 1500 4x4. I swapped on the 20" wheels and 275/55/20 tires from a Silverado SS, and cranked the bars a little for clearance. I stripped the roof rails and put a brushed finish on them. Made a new grill for it. Removed the side steps. I made a stainless intake manifold cover to replace the black plastic stocker... Just little stuff so far. I'm just starting to modify it, and not completely certain how I want it to end up...

View media item 27071

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Chris!! Nice job on your Yukon XL so far!!

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your XL Yuk looks good,... show off that fab work you speak of,...welcome to the club.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Junkpile

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I have a couple pics of the grill and emblems on my phone, I think. That's about it though. I'll take pics of the engine cover when I reinstall it. I'm using mine to test fit a cover for my nephew's Silverado build. My little stick-on GMC decals started falling off the SS wheel center caps, so I cut some aluminum ones on the water jet today to cover up the Chevy bowties. I'll take some pics after I get those on and the roof rack cross rails reinstalled this week.

Here is a project that I started last week for a coworkers Jeep build. 14.5" OD with a 3.5" dish. Made from .125" 316SS. Looking for the right wood to use on the outer ring.
View media item 27074

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Should be some interesting metal/fab work with the water jet.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy has some serious toy tools. Hope we can see more of his work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972