ANOTHER HID QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
newbie here, why does everyone recommend only running HID'S in projectors and not standard headlight housings?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they look like this as on coming traffic. This typre of shit makes me want to do horrible things to those drivers.

If I wanted to look into the glare of a thousand suns, I would use a telescope to "sun watch".
Just looking at this picture is pissing me off!

1348470d1391115596-lightmare-you-using-hids-halogen-reflector-housing-please-dont-do-clipboard01.jpg

1141709d1362486322-lightmare-you-using-hids-halogen-reflector-housing-please-dont-do-2.jpg

OP
OP
K

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
OK to be more specific I'm looking for educated answers. If I cared what it looked like to others then I would stay with stock and as far as beam output if you actually know anything about cars you would realize that proper aim is more important. I simply asked if there was a decent benifit because I personally hate the look of projectors in trucks. Thanks for the input.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to post a few links, but then I realized Nathan covered them all in his first link. If you're really after an educated answer, please take the time to read the post, along with the links. There's a lot of great info there on why it's illegal (and incredibly annoying/dangerous to other drivers).

Please don't put a PnP HID kit in your reflectors.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neighbor has 10k in his duramax with stock housing. I go out every morning taking my daughter to the bus stop, he blinds me everytime! I think it looks like sh*t in stock housing, if you want hids do it the right way and use projectors.

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because they look like this as on coming traffic. This typre of shit makes me want to do horrible things to those drivers.]

110% behind you on this. And the exact reason I'm still on standard housings/bulbs. I don't even run high beams because the glare off of road signs kills me from my own lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they look like this as on coming traffic. This typre of shit makes me want to do horrible things to those drivers.

If I wanted to look into the glare of a thousand suns, I would use a telescope to "sun watch".
Just looking at this picture is pissing me off!

1348470d1391115596-lightmare-you-using-hids-halogen-reflector-housing-please-dont-do-clipboard01.jpg

1141709d1362486322-lightmare-you-using-hids-halogen-reflector-housing-please-dont-do-2.jpg

Man I want to run that guy off the road...
OK to be more specific I'm looking for educated answers. If I cared what it looked like to others then I would stay with stock and as far as beam output if you actually know anything about cars you would realize that proper aim is more important. I simply asked if there was a decent benifit because I personally hate the look of projectors in trucks. Thanks for the input.

So your saying you don't care if you blind other drivers or if they blind you while your driving?

Simply reason for why? Much better light output and visibility without blinding other drivers.

Also there is no proper aim when hids are in halogen reflectors... sorry.

My hid projectors
View media item 23981
Low beam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401