Another fresh new paint job from macco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like above prep is key. I had a 79 monte carlo in high school (over 20 yrs ago)..it was white with a 1/4 red vinyl top... i swapped the entire front clip (hood fenders doors rad support everything) with one from an ugly ass light green monte...even swapped the doors...took my radio out, put on the stock steering wheel and then pulled all the trim, door locks and trunk lock, i did any body work needed, i wet sanded, jambed it with spray can white put on some stock tires and rims and drove it maaco in yonkers ny about a half hour from my parents house. When i got there i pulled the plate off the rear and taillights out. All they had to do was mask the roof windows door handles and wheels... finish prep(very little if they did at all) and spray it..Guy wrote antique white on the windshield and $600 and 5 days later i had my car back... not bad for maaco and a high school kid. I wiil never bring anything to a maaco again tho...i was a kid trying to save money and that was my option.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $1800 you could have bought all of the materials, watched a few youtube vids, drank a bottle of jack, and done at least a comparable job.

For $300 I painted my old Jeep with rattle cans outside in the parking lot...I wet sanded and did a 3 step paint correction, came out better than any Maaco paint job I've ever seen

wj1.jpg WJ11.jpg WS5.jpg A1.jpg A2.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons