Another fresh new paint job from macco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I had a 76 Monte Carlo. Took it iin for a paint job after I did the bodywork. Picked the colour on the car code 67 Medium Saddle. Picked up the car a few days later, salmon pink. They triied to tell me it was the colour i picked. I said pull out the paintbook
They see code 67 salmonpink and I say no , look at how codes line up with paint swatch and they say oops. Had to wait 6 weeks for a repaint. Never agaon for Maaco for me.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Years ago I had a 76 Monte Carlo. Took it iin for a paint job after I did the bodywork. Picked the colour on the car code 67 Medium Saddle. Picked up the car a few days later, salmon pink. They triied to tell me it was the colour i picked. I said pull out the paintbook
They see code 67 salmonpink and I say no , look at how codes line up with paint swatch and they say oops. Had to wait 6 weeks for a repaint. Never agaon for Maaco for me.
I would've been PISSED!!

OP
OP
traveus

traveus

Reaction score
Lesson learned, hope this saves someone else’s time and money. Haha funny thing to note when I brung my truck back in to be redone. There was a guy looking to get his 2009 escalade completely resprayed with the same package he sold me on. “It’ll look like factory” so I went up to him and told him that’s the same exact thing I got. He looked out the window and said hmm it’s got a good shine. I said now let’s get a little closer. He said it looked nothing like factory and got in his truck and left. I’ll post pictures in a couple weeks after they buff it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post is educational at least. Sorry to hear about your paint job. Got screwed by ABRA Auto Body & Glass when they tried to paint a Cadillac Eldorado after a side impact collision. It was a battle trying to get them to correct it and it never did get fixed. Had I been older and wiser, I would have known what to do and say from the git. Learned to never go to Safelite auto for a windshield either. Two different vehicles and two different tech's botched my glass installs.

If we could hijack your thread and create a sticky with listing places NOT to bring your vehicle.. You best bet if you don't already have a solid network circle for things like this is social networking. Now days you can find a badass painter, references, and examples before you ever set foot into their shop/garage/barn. Try and communicate via e-mail your expectations and have your legally binding document right there without any effort. Most of the guys I'd use for paint are friends of friends and I've seen the work first hand. Some of these are small no-name shops, chops, or people doing work outta their pole barn with high-end equipment and years of experience. Some of the best deals are had outside of chain shops too. About a year ago my buddy had is STS-V painted Onyx black and all the dents removed for less than $200 and some side job bargaining. Good luck with the fix - as others said get into small claims and get your money and maybe something for your waste of time back. Your time is worth more than $1600

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might cost you a little bit more money but I would look into a professional detailing shop to buff the paint out. If they did that shotty of prep/paint work you can guarantee they're going to burn through the paint that's on there.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They warranted it so their gonna keep fixing it until it’s right. When I was pointing out stuff that was messed up. He told me that they work like a assembly line. That everything isn’t gonna be perfect and I get what I pay for, but why when I was paying for it you told me it would look just like a factory paint job. I’ll never recommend macco to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to work next to a Maaco. Can't tell you how many times I used to see them paint cars outside. You would always see paint on the tires, muffler, etc. They had the same quality control as Earl Scheib. I'm sure there are a few old timers on here that remember them and their cheesy commercials. "We'll paint any car for $99.99".

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is Maaco does good jobs just terrible preparation. Removing headlights, and other parts to avoid over spray and things of that nature. If you prepped car, it would come out good but still scared to bring my car to them. Glad they took care of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu