Another dual battery thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT is almost entirely OEM... I had to create a couple of wires but I explained that in my write up... YMMV... best of success, Cheers!
Yes, you went with the tp2 option or something the other one was 6a6 or something which is factory in parallel there were a few diff options for dual batt installs... as a mattar of fact i thunk I read yours before I decided to do it the other way... your was isolated until you turned key or something and you mounted the isolator or relay to the metal of the hood strut? I think...

Yes and you used blue wireloom or something right?

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
Just throwing in my $0.02 here because it's mostly personal preference and this is the system I like to run... I've had this system in two other trucks over the years and is incomplete as of today in my tahoe. Personally I hate solenoid based isolator systems, two main reasons are 1. moving parts = failure potential and 2. the batteries are connected together while the solenoid is on (I know this doesn't matter while the vehicle is running and charging but again, failure potential). I prefer an diode based isolation system which has no moving parts and (baring catastrophic failure) will always keep the batteries isolated from each other. In the event that I might need the two batteries to connect I have jumper cables...

As I stated before this is incomplete (Need more money for a another battery and a new isolator (the isolator should always be rated higher than your altinators output and this one is not) plus some fuses... you safety 3rd and all hahaha)
20170904_185225.jpg
20170904_185237.jpg
20170904_185302.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons