Another dual battery thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Obligatory I've searched and haven't found what I'm looking for.

This may be a bit backwards, but from what I have seen, everyone adding a dual battery puts it in the upper passenger corner.

I just got a ssv, and this is the only battery I have. I would like to add one to the front driver corner. There is a tray there, so I can only surmise the slime balls that sold it to me stripped it out as it was easy.

My question is this, where do I connect it to? Maybe a picture or a good description?

Part numbers don't really help, I've looked those up and it's just the exploded view of the part and not where it hooks up. I can make leads.

I imagine ground can go anywhere and positive to somewhere to the electrical box right above it? I don't think running it all the way across the bay to the other battery would be very neat nor efficient.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I just got a ssv, and this is the only battery I have. I would like to add one to the front driver corner. There is a tray there, so I can only surmise the slime balls that sold it to me stripped it out as it was easy.

I'm not sure exactly how to wire it , most likely it never had a second battery. the second battery is an option. check your rpo codes in the glove box . 6A6 is the code you need to look for. batteries wired in parallel.

Jeff, welcome to the forum from NC.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did in my lt... different configurations/options for ppv ssv i did tge parallel install which is just pos to pos neg to neg... bought factory gm battery cables from amazon because i looked at one of the options for the ppvs/ssvs.. i will try to find how it did it you are interested

Edit.. pos goes along front of motor to starter and neg to alternator bracket all factory looking cables and you can’t even tell it was added

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
For the record, a battery isolator should be added to do the install properly, if not your batteries will die together.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, a battery isolator should be added to do the install properly, if not your batteries will die together.
True...... but for the times for when your battery needs to run high power drawing short bursts of power and recharge quick, the need for a higher outputing, 150+amp alt and a parallel installation without isolation is the way to go. You really should start with two of the same batteries, and not just brand but voltage and age... my 2 cents. Has always worked for me even on my old squarebodies, dodge w250’s...etc

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obligatory I've searched and haven't found what I'm looking for.

This may be a bit backwards, but from what I have seen, everyone adding a dual battery puts it in the upper passenger corner.

My question is this, where do I connect it to? Maybe a picture or a good description?

Part numbers don't really help, I've looked those up and it's just the exploded view of the part and not where it hooks up. I can make leads.

I imagine ground can go anywhere and positive to somewhere to the electrical box right above it? I don't think running it all the way across the bay to the other battery would be very neat nor efficient.
I can get you parts numbers iff you are interested

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As said, on my SSV the negative is easy to see heading for the block, but the positive is heading down under.
I added a second battery to my older Tahoe, where the original was in the front and I added the passenger battery tray. That was easy because I used the provided jump-start box as terminal to tie in to the positive side. TahoeBattery.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As said, on my SSV the negative is easy to see heading for the block, but the positive is heading down under.
I added a second battery to my older Tahoe, where the original was in the front and I added the passenger battery tray. That was easy because I used the provided jump-start box as terminal to tie in to the positive side. View attachment 184367
It actually is in wireloom attached to front of bottom of motor with plastic clips then goes to the starter....

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IT is almost entirely OEM... I had to create a couple of wires but I explained that in my write up... YMMV... best of success, Cheers!