Another coolant flush question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i haven't found a exact answer except that a drain and fill would be fine. I had my intake gaskets done at the dealership when i got my 99 burb in January. It has the 5.7 in it and they put the crapocool back in. My mechanic said it wasn't nessary to swap out the coolant yet because they did a full flush with bg cleaners when they did intake gaskets. But i want to swap it out to the good green stuff. I watched a video on youtube where the guy used 5 gallons of distilled water and the prestone coolant flush to clean the system and filled and drained it several times with the distilled water and flush stuff until the water ran clear from the drain. Then filled it up with new coolant and changed the t stat at the same time. He also removed the t stat so it flushed and flowed through the block better. Whats everyones thought on this process and which way has worked best for others. I want to do this soon especially with having the intakes done with in the last 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need to flush the shit outta your cooling system to get all the deathcool out, when I switched my OBS to the green coolant I just brought it to a shop they had to flush it 6 times to get everything out, never had any issues after that

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can guess is going to be a pita because i have rear heat and air too.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can guess is going to be a pita because i have rear heat and air too.

Oh damn ya that will be then, might be better off getting a price and seeing what it would cost vs. doing it yourself you might pay a lil bit but might be worth it in that case

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh damn ya that will be then, might be better off getting a price and seeing what it would cost vs. doing it yourself you might pay a lil bit but might be worth it in that case

Got ya. Yea trying to learn to do things my self but sometimes going to a shop is just better and easier.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got ya. Yea trying to learn to do things my self but sometimes going to a shop is just better and easier.

Especially in that situation if you didn't have rear heat it would be a lot easier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts