[Android Auto] Waze -- Add waypoint when in projection mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kittmaster

Reaction score
I've gotten to like this app over Google maps in the Yukon. I've searched to see how to add a way point and it says to tap the ETA bar and then hit "Add stop".

The other day I was navigating from Point A to Point B and realized I had some clothes I wanted to donate in the back of the truck so I wanted to add a way point to a Salvation Army that I new what on the way between those two points......but I'll damned if I could find the "add stop". All I saw was "change route" / "no sound" / "cancel navigation" where really my only options.

I could use the voice to say "find the salvation army" and it knew to look and get me there, but of course that isn't a way point, just a new nav direction set and ultimately cancelling my Point A to B navigation that was already active.

Is there any way that allows in voice or on the screen to add a way point? I tend to use it a lot but can't figure out this simple feature without having to touch the phone which negates the whole point of Android auto.

I can't seem to really find anything dealing with the Android auto version of it to get some help, unless I'm just searching for the wrong terms.

Anyone have a thought or have done it?

Thank you.

Chris

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
I tried to use it without projection and I see the "add a stop" which I guess this is their version of a way point. It just doesn't show up on the projection screen. So am I missing something or is it just not there?

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you change the destination, you can THEN add it as a stop along the way OR replace your original destination.

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
Didn't think of that, I'll try it and see if that pans out, thanks for the info!

Chris

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try putting the car in park. If you start Waze in your driveway with the car in park you can easily enter in an address from the Waze screen using the on screen keyboard. Once you are in drive, that feature is gone. While I havent attempted to use a way point before, I would check to see if parking changes Waze enough to enter one in.