Android Auto is a big flop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as Pandora try going into the Pandora settings and uncheck autostart with Bluetooth devices, I just found mine was checked so stupid Pandora would start every time it shouldn't now

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled Android Auto from my phone. But if I plug my phone into the USB cord to charge it, the Tahoe attempts to start Android Auto anyway. Then when it finds I do not have Android Auto on my phone, it attempts to download and install it.

I wonder if there's a way to uninstall it from the Tahoe??

I do not like Android Auto, do not want it, and would recommend against it to anyone who will listen.

My biggest complaint is that it overrides my pre-planned routes, and secondly, it attempts to force you to utilize it, whether you want to or not, anytime the USB cord is used for charging. Add in rogue music when it autostarts Pandora, and the whole system should be uninstalled and scrapped.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn off android auto (and/or apple CarPlay) from settings.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I'm doing it tomorrow!
Yeah, well,don't feel so bad. I'm not so impressed with CarPlay either (specifically only being able to use apple maps).

OP
OP
clogan2

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well,don't feel so bad. I'm not so impressed with CarPlay either (specifically only being able to use apple maps).
Yep; we've been on a three-week, 4,000-mile road trip, and I have used my smartphone almost exclusively for navigation. Neither the OEM nav unit, nor Android Auto would allow me (or I couldn't figure out how) to pre-design and use routes involving all the back roads and waypoints we wanted to see. Even something as simple as point A to point B with the OEM unit won't allow you to use back roads, e.g., AFAICT.

But thanks to the smartphone, and Google Maps (downloaded for offline use), we have easily navigated all routes, even dirt tracks in Big Bend National Park in southwest Texas. [emoji482]

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Denali and I upgraded my equipement to get Android and carplay. Its ok but to be honest I rarely use it. My wife feels the same with apple carplay. Wasn't worth the $ to upgrade thats for sure.

I prefer the mirror option and use google maps like @clogan2 suggested -- download for offline use!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf