Amsoil mphd heavy duty metal protector (amh)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL MPHD HEAVY DUTY METAL PROTECTOR (AMH)

AMSOIL_MPHD_METAL_PROTECTOR.jpg

AMSOIL MPHD Heavy Duty Metal Protector Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

AMSOIL Heavy Duty Metal Protector (MPHD) are easy-to-use spray-on synthetic products that protect metal surfaces, displace water and silence squeaks. MP cuts through rust and corrosion to restore free movement of ?frozen? hardware parts. MPHD lubricates metal surfaces, leaving a dry waxlike film. Neither forms gum or sludge.

AMSOIL MP is the product of choice for drying electrical and ignition systems and protecting electrical equipment from freshwater and saltwater damage. AMSOIL MP is also the product of choice for protecting firearms and other fine componentry. It contains no silicone. AMSOIL MP is compatible with plastic, leather, fabric, fishing line and paint.

AMSOIL MPHD is the product of choice for metal surfaces that require a heavy duty lubricant or are exposed to the damaging effects of salt, moisture or chemical corrosion. It is ideal for hinges, wire ropes and springs, nuts and bolts, motorcycle or bicycle chains, and for undercoating wheelwells and other metal surfaces exposed to water, dirt or road salt.

Performance Features

• Protects against rust & corrosion, even in salt water
  • Displaces water
  • Stops squeaks
  • Lubricates metal surfaces
  • Leaves a dry, long-lasting, waxlike film
  • Lubricant does not attract dust
  • Does not sling off
  • Sprays into hard-to-reach places
  • Ideal for chains & other heavy-use items
  • RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Spray product on area to be treated. For best results, do not wipe off. Film carrier will evaporate, leaving MPHD on treated surface

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some very good comparison testing going on out on the net. The links below offer some great information for those wondering about how Amsoil MPHD stands up to the other metal protectors out there.

That being said, the second link below, the winner was not tested against Amsoil so I just ordered one can each of the Amsoil MPHD and ACF-50 for my own testing (will post more later when the products get here.)

The first thing I noticed was the pricing. Without shipping the Amsoil is $8.20 per can retail while the ACF-50 is $12.19 per can. If purchasing a case of 12 the cost retail is $146.28 shipped and he Retail cost of the Amsoil is $115.45 shipped and I can save you more than that with wholesale pricing. For that kind of price difference, I would expect the ACF-50 to last a LOT longer than the Amsoil, but we will see.

Clear Undercoat Recommendations

Corrosion Protection Comparison Testing (Does not include Amsoil)

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The testing products are on their way. But I have found out something, I didn't have any Amsoil MPHD onhand and had to order some, but was notified by a friend about a statement on the can about not being recommended for guns. The product comparison testing is still on and I will still share the info, but don't order it for your guns...

Sorry for any confusion.

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Update on the "New" comparison testing between Amsoil MPHD Heavy Duty Metal Protector, LPS3 Premium Rust Inhibitor and ACF-50 Anti Corrosion Formula Metal Protector.

First thing I notice right off the bat is the cost. The LPS3 shipped cost was $27.49 to ship to me and the ACF-50 was $27.58 while the Amsoil shipped at the retail cost about $16-18 depending on where you live. The I ordered them all the same day and the LPS3 and ACF-50 arrived two days later while Amsoil arrived three days later.

A couple of observations even before I get started. Since the Amsoil MPHD sprays on with a yellow/brown tint before curing. Because of this, for anyone using it on a motorcycle may not like it if is isn't allowed to cure in the hot sun for a good while. According to talking with Mike Hammer it seems that the combination of the heat and direct UV rays to get it to cure properly; possibly.

The Amsoil MPHD is also NOT recommended for guns. The ACF-50 has an actual list of recommended uses including throttle cables but not guns. LPS3 also has a long list of specific uses listed on the can that doesn't include guns.

IF choosing between them for undercoating a truck or any vehicle, the smaller size of the LPS3 and ACF-50 doesn't work out. First, depending on your shipping rate you could pay almost double for almost about 31% less actual product with the LPS3 and 25% less actual product with the ACF-50 than what you receive when you order Amsoil MPHD. But in doing so you also are paying 42% less for the Amsoil MPHD larger can than either of the other two when shipping is included.

Right off the bat, I am biased.

I will update further as I get set up.

Last edited: