Amp Ground Locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did a quick search and didnt seem to find too much info on this for the NNBS tahoes (07-14).

Seems like most people use an existing seat bolt or something as long as the paint is removed where the ground cable is attached.

Has anyone drilled a hole and added a nut & bolt? Or is there somewhere near the 2nd row bench seat that everyone uses?

Thanks!

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nbs 00-06
Nnbs 07-14

Correct, I used my 2nd row seat bolt. Used seat bolt even in my silverado, and among other trucks. That's because my amp has always been under the seat.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nbs 00-06
Nnbs 07-14

Correct, I used my 2nd row seat bolt. Used seat bolt even in my silverado, and among other trucks. That's because my amp has always been under the seat.

Thank you for the clarification on the NBS / NNBS. (what are 2015+? NNNBS? lol)

I always have trouble fitting ring terminals over the seat bolts (using 4 ga ring terminals with a 3/8th hole). Seat stud/bolts are usually m10 or larger.

Last edited:

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification on the NBS / NNBS. (what are 2015+? NNNBS? lol)

I always have trouble fitting ring terminals over the seat bolts (using 4 ga ring terminals with a 3/8th hole). Seat stud/bolts are usually m10 or larger.

Don't use cheap car audio ring terminals.. get welding lugs and buy the correct size hole so it fits on the bolt nice. :2cents:

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use cheap car audio ring terminals.. get welding lugs and buy the correct size hole so it fits on the bolt nice. :2cents:

F2RIJ0EH8OJEWZJ.MEDIUM.jpg

I am using something like this for 4 ga, but the largest hole size I could order the terminal in was 3/8ths.

Worse comes to worse I can drill it out I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14