Amber Blinkers..need some tech wizardry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It's the factory set up, all gm full size trucks and suvs 99-07 classic have the exact same set up. It's weird that anybody would think that's weird lol.

I made this video of my truck to demonstrate some switchback parking light/turn signals and they operate like stock lights other than glowing white for the parking lights. (They are all Leds for my DRLs, turn signals, and side markers)
When you see the work light up by my dash, it is there to simulate daylight for the auto headlights.

Hopefully this will give you an idea of what it should generally look like.

I'm getting rid of the switchbacks because they cause too much glare.

Too much glare from parking lights ? There's no such thing. I say keep them in. In this case more glare = more safety, unlike with headlights.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the factory set up, all gm full size trucks and suvs 99-07 classic have the exact same set up. It's weird that anybody would think that's weird lol.

Too much glare from parking lights ? There's no such thing. I say keep them in. In this case more glare = more safety, unlike with headlights.

I got the switchbacks when I was using the cheap HIDs, and they looked OK with them, but now that I'm using 9011 HIR bulbs in the projectors, it doesn't look right to me.
I'm putting the non-switchback version of the turn signals in today.
They should be just as bright, at least for the turn function.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I got the switchbacks when I was using the cheap HIDs, and they looked OK with them, but now that I'm using 9011 HIR bulbs in the projectors, it doesn't look right to me.
I'm putting the non-switchback version of the turn signals in today.
They should be just as bright, at least for the turn function.
So they don't match is why ?

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they don't match is why ?
Both. :D

EDIT: It is also questionable in my area if it is legal to have the white parking lighs on along with the headlights and fog lights.

Easier to just go with amber turns and not worry about an inexperienced cop that doesn't have anything better to do.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Both. :D

EDIT: It is also questionable in my area if it is legal to have the white parking lighs on along with the headlights and fog lights.

Easier to just go with amber turns and not worry about an inexperienced cop that doesn't have anything better to do.
Then he would be pulling over 90% of every new car in production within the past 3 years. White for parking/running light is legal, actual signal must be amber. That's not by state laws, that's by national federal standards. 110% good to go.
Plus they look badass and chicks dig em
:chewie:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne