Am I the only weirdo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok.... don't everyone jump in here at once to tell me I'm weird.

As some of you may have seen my post, found here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2008-suburban-custom-tail-light-mod.92274/ , about my tail light mod. Because of this we were going to do the same Mod on my brothers 2012 Silverado but his tail lights are wired where both upper and lower bulbs are brake and turn signal.

Anyway while in traffic today I got passed by an Avalanche which has the same tail lights as our 07-14 SUVs and I noticed that the tail lights on it were wired like my brothers Silverado. It just seemed kinda odd to me as I always thought of the Avalanche as being more similar to the SUVs than the pickups. I
had assumed the wiring harness would have been straight out of a Tahoe or Suburban being that the body length is closer in length than the pickup.

OR perhaps maybe it has more to do with years. I know my 2008 had upper brake lights and lower turn signals before my Mod.

Anyone have any insight on this? Are all the Tahoe and Suburban wired like mine or did they change things up after a certain year?

So with all that being said.... Am I the only weirdo that notices these things and ponders on them for no apparent reason???

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I always notice little stuff like that too. My brain will notice different bulb patterns on different year trucks and cars but my wife can change her clothes 6 times in one day and I would never know lol.
Stuff that most people would never think about. Half useful, half pointless junk lol.
Anyway avalanche is basically silverado imo. Just has a tahoe front clip. Not sure about frames tho.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I always notice little stuff like that too. My brain will notice different bulb patterns on different year trucks and cars but my wife can change her clothes 6 times in one day and I would never know lol.
Stuff that most people would never think about. Half useful, half pointless junk lol.
Anyway avalanche is basically silverado imo. Just has a tahoe front clip. Not sure about frames tho.

See I always thought of the Avalanche as closer to the SUVs because the chassis is SUV.... coil springs in the rear instead of leaf spring rear like the pickups.

That's funny I am the same way... my wife can change clothes and I will never notice.... unless I am there watching the action in which case it is memorable... lol

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just kidding, i didnt read post yet....lol
I notice shit like that all the time, my 9 yr old daughter does too....she'll tell me ugh ford in front of us or to the side or if the chevy bowtie is a diff color.....lol she is starting to pick up my habits....
I thought avys and suv were pretty much the same...on a suburban frame

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I notice shit like that all the time, my 9 yr old daughter does too....she'll tell me ugh ford in front of us or to the side or if the chevy bowtie is a diff color.....lol she is starting to pick up my habits....

My son is 11... he notices the same type of stuff... my wife just smiles and says "no denying that he is your son".... lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, have noticed the tail light thing. Mostly when I had a brake light out and was replacing the bulb. I was thinking that it would be better if both of the lights, above and below the reverse square, illuminated for signaling and braking. I also thought the Avalanche would be like the SUVs in this regard. I'll have to watch other year model SUVs to see if there are any differences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts