Am i the only one that hates the 2nd row capt chairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 which came with captain seats at the time it was great but then 2 years later my son came along and notice that I lost alot of space with the captain seats when we went away on vacation, so found a bench seat on ebay for a pretty good price and purchased it. Installation was fairly simple i believe it was six bolts that held it down nothing more nothing less seat belts were not an issue. The only problem I have now is getting rid of my captain seats they have been cleaned and shrink wrapped and sitting in the garage all winter and need a new home they are light gray with no rips or tears. Oh I almost forgot 2 things .
1- when you do find the seats u want make sure that the seller has the carpeted cover that goes over the bolts.
2-try propertyroom.com they were selling second row bench seats for 100.00 they came out of police vehicles and they wanted to get rid of them.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. Found another Z71 this morning I'm going to look at this afternoon and again it's got the capt chairs. White with 60k miles but has the light tan leather. .... not super excited about that but we will see. They want 31k for it.

Sent with Tapatalk2 while planning world **********!

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, shew, I have 2 of each...

send from my defenseless droid bot, using tapatype. well, I am not talking...

FN Phat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Captains chairs were a must have for us. We have four very active kids 8 yrs old and under and I can't stand when kids are jumping over the bench up front to get into the rear bench. Captains chairs was nice in our Excursion but even nicer in our Yukon XL with the power button to assist the kids in tilting the captains chair to get in.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E=LuSe4;774883]Lol!
You won't find that in mine. Whenever he is going to go in one of our cars, we lay down a big comforter over the back seat and floor. Then it gets a vacuum when we return. I guarantee that my vehicles are cleaner than the vast majority of owners on this forum.[/QUOTE]

That's great. If you ever sell your truck, the next owner will greatly appreciate that. Trust me!

rbnzrcn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have 5 kids and opted for the buckets in our Denali. I think it makes it easier for them to get in/out. Although, sometimes I wish we had the bench. Maybe I'll get an extra set to swap out if situation warrants it. Easy enough to do.

tdrumm

Reaction score
When we were shopping for the Yukon, I was open to either bench or buckets, but the buckets were a must have for my wife. After having them for two years, I'm glad we went with the buckets. As others have said, it is much easier access to the third row, especially if there are car seats in the second row.

We added the GM accessory 2nd row center console which gives the kids room to store their stuff and cup holders that they can actually reach instead of the ones in the bottom rear of the front center console. Plus if you need the access row to the third row the console is easily removed and reinstalled without tools.