alternative to z71 steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off my running boards because they are in desperate need of a paint job. I found a few other things that need touch up before. but now that they are off , i actually like the look of them without.
the issue is, the plastic molding at the rocker that the z71 has is notched to receive the mounting brackets.
leaving it off really is not a long term fix, it just looks unfinished.
I considered taking the molding off, but then there will be an unfinished look where the fender molding is supposed to meet the rocker molding. Id like to keep the fender molding.

anyways, does anyone have ideas, or alternatives you have used? i do like the solid esky steps, but not sure how they would fit with the z71 molding. or does anyone have a pic of rocker molding off, but fender molding left on?

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the same boat with you, my Suburban LTZ did not come with the steps when I bought it. There are basically the same steps as the Z71 but a little thicker and chrome. I have thought about replacing them with Z71 ones, but they are pretty spendy when they pop up on ebay, and super expensive from a dealer. I was thinking about getting some simple steps, but I dont know how they will look with the moldings.

Sorry I could not answer your question since I have the same one, but maybe someone will be able to chime in.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a spare set of z71. but to short for your burb

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed all the z71 plastics, molding and badges. Then paint the grey portions of my front and rear bumpers black to match. Looks cleaner that way imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons