Alt. Whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is Alt whine when the stereo off common on these trucks?

I just noticed it and it's really annoying. I am thinking maybe a poor factory ground or something.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If it is coming from the rear speakers it is probably the audio control on the back of the center console.

OP
OP
leonpiper69

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it is coming from the rear speakers it is probably the audio control on the back of the center console.
It may be the rears now that you mention it. I will have to see if I can fade it and here if it is just the rears.

So this is a common problem on these? I googled and got nothing.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It may be the rears now that you mention it. I will have to see if I can fade it and here if it is just the rears.

So this is a common problem on these? I googled and got nothing.

If it is the rear speakers whining then yes.

Most of the time it will be intermittent and if you smack the passenger side rear of the console on top with your palm or fist it might stop.

They claim it is caused by a bad ground on the circuit board inside the rear controls. Mine does it too.... if you hit the power button on the rear control it also may stop.

OP
OP
leonpiper69

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the sound was indeed coming from the rear and intermittent. The wife helped me track it down today...............was the youngins DVD player LOL.

But oddly enough it is plugged into the power outlet of the back of the console so maybe it is still coming from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu