Almost had my wheels stolen this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the gorilla locks on my camaro. On my Burb, I had wheels that had a center cap that covered the lugs, I changed the screw that held them on with one that was a 3/16" hex socket. A thief would have to carry allen wrenches with him. I need to get some kind of locks for the Tahoe now.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
so on the gorilla automotive website, which ones do I need to get for a 2016 Yukon Denali?

Last edited:

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have the stock black 22 inch rims and one lug nut has to have a key to get them off. Is that good enough to keep them from trying to take mine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a deterrent, 24 lugs needing keys is more of a deterrent. But you'll have to figure this out for where you live and where you go if it is worth doing more.

I personally don't like the look of one lug nut being different than all the others.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Mine is always kept in the garage when it's home and the area I live in is rural and a pretty good area. Seldom do I travel in a bad part but if I do it's not for long or just passing through. So I'll take my chances, thankfully no one has ever tried to take any of my wheels on any of my vehicles. Thanks Swathdiver

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in a pretty decent neighborhood and keep mine in the garage as well, but we've had our rash of wheels stolen from time to time.

The nicer the wheel/tire set up the more attractive it is to theifs. The true professionals will get your wheels of whether they have locks or not. The new battery operated impact guns just make it that much easier for them. Whether you use locks or not, I still recommend etching the the backside of them with your info in case they are stolen and later recovered.

It sucks to work hard for something just to have some lazy ******* steal them. Sometimes they just want the tires and the wheels are an added bonus. A decent set of tires or our rides start around $800 and go up from there.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheel locks are deterrent at best. 90% of the people that have them keep the key socket in the vehicle so all you need is an extra person to break into the vehicle while the others do the prep work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons